COURSE LANGUAGE: SPANISH
The Postgraduate Course in Design and Production for Events and TV is made up of two differentiated blocks: set design for events and for television. These are two professional scenographer practices that, although they differ in their design processes and execution, it is also true that they frequently share modes and spaces, especially in the case of events of a certain magnitude that are generally televised.
The first block, the scenography for events, is defined by growing close to ephemeral corporate exhibitions. The concept of visual communication in these exhibitions is conceived as the core of the work and the objective of the set designer is to plastically articulate the messages that are wanted to be transmitted. In this module, the student will be able to know the professional foundations and approach the development of events of various kinds.
In the second case, the set designer becomes an indispensable piece of equipment to create that illusion of reality that identifies television. The director can act on his work with his ideas of action, cameras, lighting, sound, costumes, makeup, etc. The world of television set design has its own very specific terminology, and its development is closely linked to the control of the camera plans. The visit to one of the current television sets at the moment becomes another great attraction of this course.
From the teaching point of view, this course aims above all to offer the student the opportunity to approach the work and vision of great professionals of the scenography, open spaces for reflection and analysis, as well as learn and enjoy the experience of the professors and collaborators.
We can highlight as main objectives of the Postgraduate Course in Design and Production for Events and TV:
- Introduce the student to the world of set design for TV and Events, in all its fields of application.
- Conceptualize and solve the space through the assimilation and resolution of ideas and expressive techniques.
- To deepen in the knowledge of the language of the design of spaces to be televised by means of its application in the different projects.
- Acquire and apply the specific technical vocabulary.
- Transmit the project visually and verbally to the client and the rest of the artistic and technical team.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams.
- Differentiate the different elements that intervene in the composition of an event: lighting, sound, costumes, props, color palette, production ...
- Learn the formats of camera shots to generate events and programs that are going to be broadcast on TV.
- Apply materials and traditional high-tech techniques such as video, mapping ...
Students who complete the Postgraduate Course in Design and Production for Events and TV will be able to channel their professional career, among other options, to areas such as:
- Designer of TV sets
- Design and production of corporate, social and tourist-cultural events
- Responsible for design in companies dedicated to the production of events
- Design of events for brand launches or advertising campaigns
- Design of exhibitions, stands and ephemeral assemblies
- Multidisciplinary design for events, conferences, corporate parties