THIS COURSE IN HELD IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
The Postgraduate Course in Advertising Photography and Editorial is the last of the three modules that form the Master of Professional Photography at the IED Madrid, this specialization course is dedicated to advertising and the publishing world, which means that it includes the knowledge of the theory and practice of design, the edition of photographs for magazines and books, the work with models for commercial campaigns, business plans and contracts, author rights, media relations, communication theory, advanced retouching and color correction and location management. A solid and attractive personal work can make a difference when it comes to convincing customers and commercial agents. With this premise, the improvement of professional skills of students in advertising and editorial photography is complemented by the development of a personal project.
The co-directors of this course are good examples of a new generation of photographers who see their commercial work as part of the artistic field. They are also teachers of the European Master's Degree in Photography and will guide students through tutorials in the creation of a personal artistic project that will go far beyond pure technical excellence.
Students will enter the world of applied photography through a network of teachers, teachers, tutors and program directors. They will also have the opportunity to continue their studies within the framework of the Master of Professional Photography and to promote their final project through our contributing partners, with the purpose of publication and distribution.
This course is one of the three modules that are part of the Master of Professional Photography.
The main objectives of this course are:
• Offer students a vision of current trends in advertising and editorial photography.
• Put into practice the tools and knowledge used in the photography industry.
• Present the different types of practice in applied photography.
• Reflect on the role of the photographer in the media.
• Experiment, through a personal project, what it means to create a story good enough to be published.
• Examine photographic practices within contemporary communication contexts to familiarize students with current work methods in the field of production, set management, post-production, editing and image stocks.
• Show the cultural value of photography, collaborative forms and models of creative financing.
• Analyze the challenges and limitations of the market in times of strong media convergence and productivity reduction.
Professional outings. This course offers students the opportunity to access the field of professional photography, which is in great demand in many fields:
• Industrial advertising photographer
• Editorial photographer
• Post-production artist
• Buyer / Art Director
• Studio Manager
• Agency assistant