Mode of Attendance: Online learning
The Postgraduate Certificate in Financial Sector Management is designed to give a strong foundation for a career in banks or other financial institutions. It enables you to deepen your understanding of the principles, applications, and context underlying decision making in financial sector management.
The programme can also provide a suitable route towards either the Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Sector Management or MSc Finance (Financial Sector Management).
As a graduate of this programme, you will be prepared for a management career in deposit banks, investment banks, fund management, consultancy, central banks and international bodies.
Modules and programme structure
You can study any two of the following modules:
|Bank Financial Management||M422|
|Banking and Capital Markets||M426|
|Finance in the Global Market||M442|
The programme takes a minimum of one year to complete. Each of the modules lasts 10 weeks. You are registered for a maximum of two years.
Education and experience
You should have a recognised UK Bachelor's degree, or international equivalent, in finance, economics, or another appropriate discipline. Qualifications in other subjects will be assessed on their merits. Your application may be considered if you have previous education and experience, equivalent to a degree-level qualification, which includes suitable preliminary training.
For all of our modules, you are required to have a high level of English language ability in reading and writing and in study skills.
If your first degree was not taught in English, you will need to provide evidence of language ability. You will meet the English language requirement if you have passed any of the following within the past three years:
- (IELTS) International English Language Testing System (Academic) with an overall score of 7.0 or above, including a minimum of 7.0 on the written sub-test.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) with an overall score of 67 or above, including a minimum of 67 attained on each of the reading, writing, speaking and listening elements.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English.
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English with an overall score of 185 or above, including a minimum of 185 attained on each of the reading, writing, speaking and listening sub-tests.
- (TOEFL) iBT Test of English as a Foreign Language with an overall score of 95 or above, including a minimum of 24 attained on the reading and writing skills sub-tests and a minimum of 25 attained on the speaking sub-test and 22 attained on the listening sub-test.
You are required to have internet access to participate in this programme.
About the School
SOAS University of London welcomes the brightest minds to study on its central London campus with like-minded individuals who feel passionately about contemporary world issues.