Postgraduate Certificate in Financial Investments and Trading
This course teaches the structure of global financial markets, as well as the practical skills necessary to trade different markets in real life. It will examine theoretical concepts and practical methods employed to trade and manage different financial instruments, including cash and derivative instruments across a range of asset classes. Learn how technical analysis can be used to help forecast market prices, with an optional module covering trading psychology and risk management.
This course is 14 weeks long. It consists of four modules (one compulsory and three elective). 12 hours of lectures per week for 10 weeks, plus a further 33 hours per week of independent study, including reading, research and preparation for assignments. This is followed by an additional two reading weeks, as well as a further two weeks of online assessments.
Entry requirements for all LAT programmes:
- A completed and signed application form
- A copy of your passport/proof of ID/Birth Certificate
Entry requirements for all LAT programmes of two weeks or more:
- A scanned copy of a recent passport-sized colour photograph
- Proof of education qualifications
- Proof of English proficiency, if required
Note: All documents are to be provided in English. Where documents are not in English, you will also need to provide a certified translation of any such documents.
- Scanned copies of your diplomas and certified translation
- Scanned copies of your certified transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency IELTS 5.5 or equivalents
- Candidates who studied an undergraduate degree in the medium of English in a majority English – speaking country can provide a letter from their university confirming this as evidence of their English proficiency.
All other students:
- A minimum level 3 qualification or an interview with our Academic Dean, Paddy Osborn Fully completed LAT application form