Mode of Attendance: Full-time or Part-time
International businesses have a growing need for senior personnel with high-quality management skills and specialist regional knowledge. As the regions of Asia and of Africa take roles as leading and emerging economies in the world, this Postgraduate Certificate in International Business Administration responds to this need. Students will study the interplay between global and local factors that influence management decisions in business.
As a graduate of this programme, you will be well prepared for a senior position in corporations, banks, financial services companies, business consultancies, regulatory authorities and international organisations.
Modules and programme structure
You will study two modules: one core module and one elective module selected from the list below (including the remaining core module).
|International Business Strategy||M471|
|Managing the Transnational Corporation||M467|
|Finance in the Global Market||M442|
|Financial Reporting (IFRS)||M473|
|Introduction to Valuation||M464|
|Management Information in Business||M476|
|Management in China||M478|
|Management in Sub-Saharan Africa||M468|
|Risk Management: Principles and Applications *||M423|
|The Business and Economy of MENA||M489|
|The Economy of China||M477|
|The Economy of Sub-Saharan Africa||M465|
*Please be advised that this module requires a high level of numerical and computational skill. Students should have a good background in mathematics and are advised to consult the sample module.
The programme takes a minimum of one year to complete. Each of the modules lasts 10 weeks. You are registered for a maximum of two years.
Education and experience
You should have a recognised UK Bachelor's degree, or international equivalent, in finance, economics, or another appropriate discipline. Qualifications in other subjects will be assessed on their merits. Your application may be considered if you have previous education and experience, equivalent to a degree-level qualification, which includes suitable preliminary training.
For all of our modules, you are required to have a high level of English language ability in reading and writing and in study skills.
If your first degree was not taught in English, you will need to provide evidence of language ability. You will meet the English language requirement if you have passed any of the following within the past three years:
- (IELTS) International English Language Testing System (Academic) with an overall score of 7.0 or above, including a minimum of 7.0 on the written sub-test.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) with an overall score of 67 or above, including a minimum of 67 attained on each of the reading, writing, speaking and listening elements.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English.
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English with an overall score of 185 or above, including a minimum of 185 attained on each of the reading, writing, speaking and listening sub-tests.
- (TOEFL) iBT Test of English as a Foreign Language with an overall score of 95 or above, including a minimum of 24 attained on the reading and writing skills sub-tests and a minimum of 25 attained on the speaking sub-test and 22 attained on the listening sub-test.
You are required to have internet access to participate in this programme.
About the School
SOAS University of London welcomes the brightest minds to study on its central London campus with like-minded individuals who feel passionately about contemporary world issues.