IMI’s two year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Banking & Financial Services) is designed to cater the growing need of management professionals for banking and Financial Services industry. The objective of program is develop high quality management professionals equipped with technical and managerial competency with global mind set .The focus of program is to develop a holistic and integrative approach of management in banking and Financial Services industry.
The program has been offered with the following objectives:
- To develop technical skills with managerial competency for banking and Financial Services Industry
- To cater the growing demand for risk management professionals for banking and Financial Services industry with global managerial mind set
- To develop understanding about global financial system and regulatory structure
- To hone analytical and problem solving approach for risk management and operations of banking and Financial Services industry
- To build capacity for product development and distribution of banking and Financial Services products
IMI follows the trimester system with the academic calendar beginning in the month of June 2017 and each trimester being of 11-12 weeks duration. At the end of the first three trimesters of the program, all students are required to undergo compulsory summer internship for 8-10 weeks in the industry. The program equips students with strong conceptual skills to manage businesses in an integrated manner. The emphasis is on developing a holistic manager with a vision to take on the challenges of the future in a socially sensitive manner.
Program Structure and Curriculum
The course for the PGDM (Banking & Financial Services) program is spread over six trimesters, each trimester being of 11-12 weeks. The first three trimesters are essentially devoted to foundation courses, across core areas of management. These are aimed at providing the student the conceptual understanding of the functional areas such as:
- Basic areas, e.g. Economics and Organizational Behavior
- Techniques, e.g. Statistics and Research Methods
- Functional areas, e.g. Marketing and Finance
- Integrative areas, e.g. Strategy and International Business
- Technology, e.g. Management Information Systems
Courses – B&FS Area
- Fundamentals of Banking & Financial Services
- Financial Accounting & Analysis
- Financial Management-I
- Financial Management II
- Cost & Management Accounting
- Financial Markets & Services
- Bank Management
- Legal & Regulatory Environment for Banking & Financial Services
- Financial & Commodity Derivatives
- Treasury & Foreign Exchange Management
- Wealth Management & Alternative investments
- Micro Finance & Financial Inclusion
- Equity Research & Portfolio management
- Fixed Income securities
- Credit Evaluation, Monitoring & Recovery Management
- Strategic Financial Management
- Advanced Financial Statement Analysis
- Project and Infrastructure Finance
- International Finance
- Private Equity
- Risk Management in Banking and Financial Services
- Management of Financial Institutions
Courses – Other Areas
- Strategic Management
- Business Mathematics
- Managerial Economics
- Macro Economic Theory & Policy
- Indian Economic Policy
- Sales Management
- Marketing Management
- Marketing of Banking & Financial services
- Research Methods for Management
- Business Forecasting
- Business Statistics
- Managing Oral Communication
- Written Analysis & Communication
- Information Technology for Decision Making
Eligibility for Admission
To be eligible for admission to the PGDM (B&FS) Program, the participants must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in any discipline, from a recognized university in India or abroad (recognized by the UGC / Association of Indian Universities), however, final selection may be on higher percentage based on the total number of applications received. The bachelors’ degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years education, after completing higher secondary schooling under the 10+2 system or equivalent. Candidates appearing in the final year of their bachelor’s degree or equivalent are also eligible, provided they furnish the proof of having met the minimum eligibility criteria by September 30, 2017. Candidates who are unable to comply with this requirement may be asked to withdraw from the program. It is desired that candidates complete all academic requirements before joining the program to enable them to keep pace with the rigor and internal assessment schedule of the program.
Participants for the PGDM (B&FS) program may be from any discipline such as Engineering, Humanities, Commerce, Economics, Medicine or any other branch of education. Candidates with relevant work experience as also fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- IMI admission Bulletin can be downloaded from our website www.imi.edu
- Application form is available at http://admission.imi.edu and must be submitted online. IMI Delhi does not accept Admission applications off-line.
- Applicant should complete the online application form and submit the same along with the admission application fee, which is non-refundable.
- Cost of an application form will be Rs. 2000/- for an applicant desirous of applying to any one or more than one of the 2-Year Programs of IMI Delhi.
- The admission fee can be paid through Credit Card/ Debit Card/Bank Transfer through the designated payment gateway. No receipts are to be sent to IMI’s Admission Office in such a case.
- Payment can also be made by Demand Draft, drawn in favor of International Management Institute, payable at New Delhi, giving the IMI Application Form number, program and campus reference on the reverse of the Demand Draft. In the absence of the above information the application will be treated as incomplete and liable to be rejected. All payments by Demand Draft are to be sent to IMI, Delhi.
Applications complete in all respects, including application fees, should be submitted online by midnight of December 12, 2016. Incomplete forms are liable to be rejected summarily.
- Admission to the program is through the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by The Indian Institute of Management at different Centers all over the country. CAT 2016 would be held on December 04th, 2016 (Refer CAT Bulletin for further details).
- IMI will obtain the test scores from the IIM for those candidates who have appeared in the CAT examination and have also applied to IMI for the PGDM programs.
- IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the program
- Foreign students, PIO and NRI sponsored candidates are also eligible and are required to take the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) at a test centre outside India, taken not earlier than December 2014 and not later than December 2016.
- Indian residents who have appeared for GMAT, not earlier than December 2014 and not later than December 2016 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates will be required to furnish their GMAT scores while applying and provide an attested copy of the GMAT score sheet to the Admission Office for verification at the time of personal interview.