Post Graduate Diploma in Engineering Management - CIQ, UK
With a core management curriculum covering a variety of technical aspects, this course in Engineering Management offers early-career as well as experienced engineers a tech-savvy alternative capsule of a management degree, thus preparing the engineering and science graduates / professionals to become future industry leaders.Students of this course will learn the following key topics:
- Understand the challenges of managing engineering functions and processes; and examine how to develop a workforce that sustains innovation in delivering engineering services.
- Understand the significance of strategy formulation and implementation in the evolving and highly competitive engineering industry.
- Understand the concepts and application of marketing management in the engineering industry.
- Understand the Process of supply chain management in the domains of manufacturing and service industries.
- Understand the relevance and application of total quality management.
- Qualification: PG Diploma in Engineering Management
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Delivery Format : Weekend / Part time
- Intake: Rolling Intake
- Onsite Campus: UAE
- Online: Available
Modules and Course Contents
- Introduction to engineering management; understand the organizational structure and various functions in delivering engineering functions; influence of leadership on innovation and managing and retaining a diverse workforce.
- Porter's strategic management model; formulating corporate level, business-level and functional-level strategies; thinking strategically; strategy implementation and control; thinking strategically and making strategic decisions.
- Develop an awareness of major marketing problems faced by the engineering industry, with an emphasis on sound approaches to addressing these problems; factors influencing marketing decision-making to cultivate proficiency in articulating aspects of the marketing mix, and developing customer orientated and competitive marketing strategies and plans for engineering products and services.
- Procurement (supplier selection, optimal procurement policies); Manufacturing (plant location, product line selection, capacity planning, production scheduling); Distribution (warehouse location, customer allocation, demand forecasting, inventory management); Logistics (selection of logistics mode, selection of ports, direct delivery, vehicle scheduling, etc.); Global Decisions (product and process selection, planning under uncertainty, real-time monitoring and control, integrated scheduling)
- To understanding the concepts of total quality management and how to manage quality with statistical tools; gain insight on TQM philosophies, strategies and important quality concepts such as customer focus, team working, employee empowerment, and continuous improvement; understand Statistical Process Control and related techniques, interpret control-charts and recognize their importance in TQM.
Delivery and assessment
Westford delivers the course through different modes such as onsite, blended and distance mode using the state-of-the-art, live, interactive virtual platform. Delivery will engage students in their learning by using a range of teaching and learning techniques that accommodate different learning styles, including presentations, case studies, simulations, professional discussions, group activities, visits, guest speakers and independent research. Assessment will use vocationally relevant methods that require students to adopt a realistic work role and produce work in the formats that are expected in business. Examinations and assignments that use a range of assessment methods will be used. Case studies, problems and examples used in assessments need to be current and have the requisite range of issues for students to consider at this level of study. Students should be able to apply their understanding of theory to their investigations and to their proposed solutions to problems.
About the School
ABOUT WESTFORD UNIVERSITY COLLEGE Westford University College is one of the leading and prestigious business schools, located in the UAE offering quality educational deliveries across under-graduate, ... Read More