The Post-Baccalaureate program in Computer Science is open to individuals with at least a bachelor's degree in any discipline (B.A. or B.S.) and one college-level introductory computer course.
The program is particularly well-suited for individuals preparing to re-enter the workforce, mid-level professionals looking to move into the field of computer science, and those preparing for graduate school. Accepted students are required to develop an individualized plan of study with their adviser, based on their academic history and professional goals.
Students in the post-baccalaureate program are not considered certificate students for purposes of financial aid and as such are not eligible to apply for federal funds. Alternative loans may be available.
Program of Study
The Computer Science post-baccalaureate program requires five Tufts courses. The program can be completed in as few as two semesters or can be pursued on a more long-term basis, taking only one course at a time. Completion of the program requires grades of B- or better in all courses.
- COMP 15 Data Structures (4 SHUs),
- MATH 61/COMP 61 Discrete Math (3 SHUs) (formerly MATH 22/COMP 22, plus
- Choose two:
- COMP 40 Computer Architecture and Assembly Language Programming (5 SHUs)
- COMP 105 Programming Languages** (5 SHUs)
- COMP 160 Algorithms** (4 SHUs)
- COMP 170 Theory of Computation** (3 SHUs)
- One elective:
- One computer science elective numbered above COMP 15**
*Prerequisite course COMP 11: Introduction to Computer Science is available for individuals without a previous programming course.
**Courses numbered above 100 award graduate credit, and are transferable into the Tufts Master of Science in Computer Science program upon acceptance to that program. However, courses numbered between 53-55 or 153-155 may not be applied to the Post Bac, nor to the MSCS.
- Application Fee
- Personal Statement
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo test scores if applicable
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
About the School
The Tufts University School of Engineering offers a rigorous engineering education in a unique environment that blends the intellectual and technological resources of a world-class research university ... Read More