St Clare’s is an international, independent centre of excellence in Oxford established in 1953. We welcome students from over 40 countries. Our PPE Foundation is a year-long programme that prepares you for university study at highly ranked universities in the UK, Europe and beyond.
Why St Clare’s?
- We help you with the transition from high school to university
- Small, interactive classes, 12 students maximum
- Continual support through one-to-one meetings with your Personal Tutor
- Individual guidance from our in-house expert Careers & Higher Education Advisers
- A small, friendly and truly international college
- Excellent location – an hour from London, in a safe, desirable suburb north of the city of Oxford
- Oxford is one of the greatest centres of learning in the world and your teachers include museums, lectures and cultural visits to help you make Oxford your classroom
- 100% of students who successfully completed the course got a place at university
We find the right course at the best university for you.
Benefits of English classes: English for Academic Purposes (EAP) and for IELTS examinations
- Confidence building. Success at university is closely linked to a student’s English Language level and proficiency!
- Transferable EAP skills including the core Academic Word List, critical Reading techniques, active Listening skills, Critical thinking, essay Writing (structure, the logic of argument), Harvard citation, plagiarism avoidance, bibliographies, footnotes, Presentation skills etc.
- Added-value: improved IELTS score for every student …. for example, from 5.5 to 6.0 or 6.5 to 7.0 etc.
Benefits of the academic subject classes:
- In-depth knowledge in your chosen subjects - select from a flexible range of academic subjects.
- A chance to explore 3 new academic subjects before starting university, typical combinations below:
||3. Maths for Business
100% of our students would recommend St Clare’s.
Students wishing to enrol on the University Foundation Programme must:
- have completed a secondary school in your own country
- be 16 years or over
- have a knowledge of English at or above the following:
- for entry in September; IELTS score 5.0 or equivalent CEFR B1
- for entry in November; IELTS score 5.5 or equivalent CEFR B2
After St Clare’s
Of the 16 students who progressed to UK public universities in 2018:
- 15 enrolled at a university ranked in the Top 50 by the Complete University Guide.
- 11 enrolled at a university ranked in the Top 30 for their subject.
The PPE Stream can lead to a university course in:
||Media and communications
‘As I am an International student, I was not familiar with the western education system, such as the teaching style, thinking models, and use of academic language. The Foundation programme at St Clare’s prepared me for my university studies in the UK’ – Iris, China.