The exclusive summer program of ISSOS, offers high school students (aged 13-18) the unique opportunity to combine learning, creative enrichment and action-packed adventure in the world renowned and stunning university towns of Cambridge in the UK or New Haven, Connecticut in the United States. Students who gain a place at ISSOS will be able to create a personalised three-week program to suit both their academic needs and wider interests, by choosing one academic and one elective program.
Mornings at ISSOS are dedicated to academic study and our high quality academic programs. Classes meet daily for three hours and, unlike other summer schools, we limit numbers in order to guarantee that all our students will benefit from small class sizes and individual attention. Academic Program Options:
- English Language
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Creative Writing - Yale only
- Journalisim - Cambridge only
Afternoons allow students to broaden their experience and knowledge with the Photography Elective.
Photography Summer School Course
Use the inspiring campuses and surrounding areas of Cambridge and Yale Universities as a playground of visual stimulation, ISSOS is the best place to learn or advance your photography skills. Learn to photograph the landscape, portraits of friends, nature and life in action. Use the art of photography to communicate, tell a story or advertise a product.
The digital photography summer school course teaches the fundamentals in a fun, informative and inspirational way. Summer students work with a professional tutor and learn the skills needed to capture, edit and produce quality photographs.
What will it cover?
- See the world around you as an unlimited source of inspiration
- Understand the techniques involved in digital photography and edit photographs for the desired effect
- Engage creative talent and produce photography that inspires others
- Publish your work in the ISSOS Times, the summer schools newspaper
Students’ work will be showcased at the end of the summer school at the ISSOS creative evening where students will display their final project and have the option to show this as an installation or in the 'gallery' on campus.
Learn how to use the art of photography to communicate, tell a story or advertise a product and capture life at one of ISSOS's amazing campuses.
Please note all students taking this program must bring an SLR camera, for recommendations on make and model please contact us.
What Makes ISSOS Different?
- High quality programs, some of which are exclusive to ISSOS
- Welcome students from over 80 nationalities
- 40% of students return year after year
- We only accept 10% of each nationality, ensuring a truly international experience
- Summer staff are experts in their field, from CELTA qualified English teachers to PGA Golf Pros
- We are a Values Led business with 9 values at our core that run through everything we do
The total cost for ISSOS 2020:
Cambridge: £500 Enrolment Fee, plus £4400 Tuition
Yale: $500 Enrolment Fee, plus $6400 Tuition.
We offer an all-inclusive fee for the three-week ISSOS experience covering:
- accommodation (full board)
- course materials and equipment
- trips and excursions
- evening activities, cultural trips & Sunday workshops
- cultural events
- the ISSOS Highland Games
- transport between selected airport and ISSOS campus
About the School
ISSOS offers 13 to 18 year olds a balanced summer experience of academia, fun and culture, where students can learn within an encouraging and supportive environment while having fun and making new fri ... Read More