This program is designed to prepare participants pursuing Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification with the Project Management Institute (PMI®). All knowledge areas within the five process groups of the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) are covered in depth. Refresh your project management skills and prepare for the national certification exam.
- Project Management Framework: Definitions, changes, certification requirements and application process;
- Process Areas: Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling, and Closing
- Integration Management: PM principles, techniques, success factors, plan execution and integrated change control
- Scope Management: Elements and deliverables, effective close-out of project scope and process groups;
- Time Management: Activity definition, logic network diagram development, estimating process, schedule development process and techniques;
- Cost Management: Resource planning process, estimating methods and tools, cost management plan, cost budgeting and control;
- Quality Management: Concepts and processes of quality management, evolution of quality, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling;
- Human Resources Management: Key organizational planning, staff acquisition, team development and management;
- Communication Management: Communication planning process, tools and techniques for information distribution, foundation for conflict resolution, negotiation and team building;
- Risk Management: Components and concepts of risk management, project risks and sources, risk quantification and response planning, monitoring and control;
- Procurement Management: Planning, contracts, solicitation process, contract administration, termination and close out process, relationship between procurement and other areas of project management.
See 31 more programs offered by University of Tulsa College of Business Administration »
This course is