Postgraduate Higher Diploma in Hospitality Management
Program: Two academic semesters of hospitality management courses, plus one semester of strategic management courses from MBA program
Internship: One, 6-month professional internship (minimum 4-6 months each)
Unique qualities: Students can continue on to complete MBA in only 6 months.
The postgraduate degree programs are designed for career changers - students who have a degree and/or professional experience in another field, but who need to develop skills to manage hotel, restaurant and event operations.
The postgraduate degrees offer an accelerated curriculum of hotel management courses and business administration courses for hospitality organizations.
An event management project allows the students to create a special event on campus, while the 6-month professional internship allows them to gain expertise from real-life experience.
The postgraduate degrees are also available as Professional Development Diplomas for students who have work experience but no previous bachelor degree.
Every great manager in this vibrant industry needs to possess the fundamentals of leadership. Upon completion of the Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality Administration, students may take an additional semester during which they will focus on people skills of executive management in hospitality.
The PGHD semester consist of 6 courses of the MBA program. Students will examine leadership, business relationships, development of managers and organizational strategy, in both the classroom and workplace. PGHD graduates may return to Les Roches at a later time and complete only 6 more months of study and a dissertation to obtain their MBA.
SEMESTER 1 – OPERATIONAL HOTEL MANAGEMENT COURSES, FINANCE & MARKETING
See our website for detailed courses.
SEMESTER 2 – HOTEL MANAGEMENT COURSES, EVENTS, REVENUE & HR
See our website for detailed courses.
SEMESTER 3 – STRATEGIC HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT COURSES
In the second semester, you will examine leadership, business relationships, development of managers and organizational strategy, in both the classroom and workplace.
Six of the following courses:
- Managing Across Cultures
- Leadership and Development
- Strategic Hospitality Management
- Trends in Tourism and Hospitality
- Data Analysis and Decision Making
- Strategic Operational Management
- Hospitality Financial Management and Budgeting
- Business Economics
- Strategic Management
- Revenue and Pricing Management
- Tourism Destination and Event Planning
- Six Sigma and a Comparative Overview of Quality System
INTERNSHIP – POSTGRADUATE DEGREE INTERNSHIP
The postgraduate internship of 4-6 months will allow you to use your new knowledge and skills in an administrative, supervisory, or training position with exposure to operational departments. This first real-life professional experience can take place in a Swiss or international hotel or other hospitality establishment, and will help you to make establish real-life work experience and industry contacts in your new profession.
Age - Normally 21 years old and above.
Education or Experience - Applicants must hold a Bachelor Degree from an accredited Institution of higher learning in any non-hospitality field OR have three years of documented work experience at an appropriate (managerial) level. Non-degree holders will receive the Professional Development Certificate or Diploma.
English Qualifications -If you are not a native English speaker, or if you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school, please enclose one of the following:
- TOEFL: minimum score of 500 points for the paper based test or 61 on the Internet Based Test (IBT). The TOEFL testing code number for Les Roches is 9827.
- Cambridge First Certificate Exam (FCE): Grade C - Please also send the statement of results with your detailed profile.
- IELTS: Academic Module minimum Overall Band Score of 5.0 and min. 5.0 in each part (listening, reading, writing, speaking)
- All English certificates must have been issued in the last 12 months prior to admission
- Interview - The school may require a phone or personal interview before admission into the program.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 14, 2017