Situated in the beautiful and historic Royal Borough of Greenwich our school is ideally located and only 15 minutes from central London. From Buckingham Palace to Big Ben, the London Eye and beyond, visit all the iconic sites of London and experience all the big city has to offer. With a large international mix, students are sure to improve their language skills not only in lessons but by making friends during trips and by having the experience of living with a host family.
- 12 – 17 years
- 15 contact hours per week
- Groups & Individuals
- 300 maximum beds per week
- Full London experience.
- UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Excursions to London & Cambridge.
About the programme
- English levels: Elementary – Advanced (the programme can be adjusted to lower English levels).
- Max class size: 18.
- Full activity programme.
- Explore the sites of London and Cambridge.
- Breakfast and dinner will be with families and a packed lunch will be provided. The first meal will be dinner on arrival and the last meal will be packed lunch on departure.
- Trinity GESE exam (minimum 7 students across the school required, subject to availability).
Oxford International Junior Programmes understands that occasionally slightly young/older siblings or friends may wish to come in a group. Oxford International Junior Programmes reserves the right to accept students who are slightly younger or older than the advertised minimum/maximum age. These exceptional requests must be approved by our admissions team in advance. Appropriate welfare and safety provisions will apply.
|Day 1||Arrival||Arrival||Relax at accommodation|
|Day 2||Placement Test and Lesson 1||Greenwich with walking tour and entrance to the Royal Observatory||On-site Activities|
|Day 3||Lesson 2||Visit to the Olympic Park (with a visit to Westfield)||Welcome Disco|
|Day 4||Full day to central London by train with Politics and Royalty walking tour||Visit to the National Gallery and shopping
|Day 5||Entrance to British Museum||Lesson 3||On-site Activities|
|Day 6||Lesson 4||Lesson 5||Thameside walking tour by night|
|Day 7||Full day excursion to Cambridge by coach||Walking tour of the city with entrance to a Cambridge college||On-site Activities|
|Day 8||Lesson 6||Lesson 7||Late night shopping at O2 outlet mall|
|Day 9||Full day excursion to Brighton with entrance to BAi360||Full day excursion to Brighton with entrance to BAi360||On-site Activities|
|Day 10||Lesson 8||Visit to Hyde Park including the Serpentine and the Princess Diana Memorial Fountain||Karaoke/Lip Sync Battle|
|Day 11||Visit TATE Modern with views of St Paul’s Cathedral||City Cruise along the River Thames to/from campus||On-site Activities|
|Day 12||Half-day to Camden with walking tour and visit to Regents Park||Lesson 9||West End walking tour by night|
|Day 13||Half-day to central London with a visit to Kensington Museums||Lesson 10||Disco|
|Day 14||Optional Excursion||Optional Excursion||On-site Activities|
Oxford International London Greenwich
- Academic: Bright classrooms and break out spaces.
- Other: 5-min walk to Greenwich Market.
- Students will stay with host families selected according to British Council Guidelines. All students will stay in a twin or triple rooms.
- Families are within a 45-minute journey from the school by public transport.
- Rail: Trains from Greenwich station go to Cannon Street every 10 minutes. The DLR from Cutty Sark goes to Bank via Canary Wharf.
- Bus: 188 from Greenwich Church Street goes to Central London via Waterloo and Embankment. Buses to Lewisham include the 180 and 199.
- Travel Cards: Weekly zones 1–3 travel cards* are included in the price. A £20 supplement will be charged for students aged 16+ (based on 2018 prices).
*Not included for lessons only programmes
Accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English in the UK.
About the School
Oxford International Junior Programmes is part of the Oxford International Education Group. Oxford International was founded in 1991 as ISIS Education and Travel by David Brown and Robert Darell.