Overlooking the dreaming spires of Oxford, and only four miles from its centre, the Oxford Brookes campus of Harcourt Hill is spacious and set in beautifully landscaped grounds. One of the world’s most distinguished university cities, Oxford has plenty of museums, theatres, cinemas and shops, making it an ideal location for aspiring students.
- 12 – 18 years (no under 12s accepted)
- 15 contact hours per week
- Groups & Individuals
- University Campus
- 280 maximum beds per week
- Surrounded by the beautiful and historic city of Oxford.
- Full-day excursions to Stratford-upon-Avon and London.
- Spacious campus with fantastic facilities.
About the programme
- English levels: Elementary – Proficiency (the programme can be adjusted to lower English levels).
- Maximum class size: 18.
- Full day excursion to some of England’s most iconic locations.
- Entrances into an Oxford College.
- Trinity GESE exam*
- World of Work (ASL) syllabus: Available for students aged 14+ with minimum English level B1
*subject to demand and minimum student numbers required
Oxford International Junior Programmes understands that occasionally slightly young/older siblings or friends may wish to come in a group. Oxford International Junior Programmes reserves the right to accept students who are slightly younger or older than the advertised minimum/maximum age. These exceptional requests must be approved by our admissions team in advance. Appropriate welfare and safety provisions will apply.
|Day 1||Arrivals||Arrivals||Campus tour and ice-breaker activities|
|Day 2||Placement Test and Lesson 1||On-site Activities||Welcome Disco|
|Day 3||Lesson 2||Public bus to Oxford with a professional walking tour of the city||On-site Activities|
|Day 4||Full day to Bicester Village or Oxford||Full day to Bicester Village or Oxford||On-site Activities|
|Day 5||Lesson 3||Public bus to Oxford with entrance to Christ Church College||Karaoke/Lip Sync Battle|
|Day 6||Lesson 4||Public bus to Oxford with the city photo challenge||International Evening|
|Day 7||Lesson 5||Lesson 6||On-site Activities|
|Day 8||Full day excursion to London by train with Politics and Royalty walking tour||Entrance to National Gallery and shopping in Covent Garden||Evening in London with a late return to campus|
|Day 9||Public bus to Oxford with Punting or Oxford Castle||Lesson 7||Disco|
|Day 10||On-site Activities||Lesson 8||On-site Activities|
|Day 11||Full day to Stratford-upon-Avon with a walking tour of the city||Entrance to Shakespeare’s Birthplace||On-site Activities|
|Day 12||On-site Activities||Lesson 9||Talent Show|
|Day 13||On-site Activities||Lesson 10||Disco|
|Day 14||Optional Day||Optional Day||On-site Activities|
Oxford Brookes University
Sports: The Harcourt Hill Campus has its own sports centre on-site with a sports hall, gym and swimming pool. Group leaders may use the gym facilities on a pay as you go basis.
Other: There are extensive playing fields for outdoor games and a Starbucks on-site! There is also a modern Student Union for multiple social activities including the campus disco.
- Single en-suite bedrooms arranged along corridors of 6-8 rooms.
- Rooms are all recently built to a high standard and all include a desk for private study.
- Each accommodation block has a communal kitchen which can be used as a social space.
Rail: Trains depart from Oxford to London every 15 minutes. A train journey to London takes about an hour on average
Bus: The U1 bus runs regularly from the campus, taking 15 minutes to get into central Oxford
Accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English in the UK.
About the School
Oxford International Junior Programmes is part of the Oxford International Education Group. Oxford International was founded in 1991 as ISIS Education and Travel by David Brown and Robert Darell.