The exclusive summer program of ISSOS, offers high school students (aged 13-18) the unique opportunity to combine learning, creative enrichment and action-packed adventure in the world renowned and stunning university towns of Cambridge in the UK or New Haven, Connecticut in the United States. Students who gain a place at ISSOS will be able to create a personalised three-week program to suit both their academic needs and wider interests, by choosing one academic and one elective program.
Mornings at ISSOS are dedicated to academic study and our high-quality academic programs. Classes meet daily for three hours and, unlike other summer schools, we limit numbers in order to guarantee that all our students will benefit from small class sizes and individual attention. Academic Program Options:
- English Language
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Creative Writing - Yale only
- Journalisim - Cambridge only
Afternoons allow students to broaden their experience and knowledge with the Outdoor Leadership Elective.
Outdoor Leadership Summer Course
This unique summer school course will develop student’s confidence and personal leadership abilities through varied and exciting outdoor activities. This three-week summer school course is designed for all students, whatever their previous experience of outdoor pursuits and regardless of fitness level, all activities will be lead by a professional and all students abilities catered for.
Students will take part in afternoon workshops that will cover a wide range of activities from sailing and rock climbing to raft building and team building exercises. Each workshop has been designed with a specific outcome in mind, be it developing communication skills to helping students learn to work as an effective team player, the skills and confidence that will be built during this summer school program will last far beyond the three weeks and will benefit students in all areas of life.
What will it cover?
This exciting and above all fun elective summer school course is exclusive to ISSOS and will be taught by a fully qualified outdoor leadership instructor.
- Learn to lead through outdoor activity
- Increase your confidence and personal motivation
- Improve your decision-making and communication skills
- Have fun while learning new skills
Cambridge and Yale offer the perfect backdrop for this exciting elective, with a wealth of facilities and opportunities available to students. The summer school program will take advantage of both indoor and outdoor facilities and will use everything that these fantastic Universities have to offer so that students reach their personal goals and have as much fun as possible.
What Makes ISSOS Different?
- High-quality programs, some of which are exclusive to ISSOS
- Welcome students from over 80 nationalities
- 40% of students return year after year
- We only accept 10% of each nationality, ensuring a truly international experience
- Summer staff are experts in their field, from CELTA qualified English teachers to PGA Golf Pros
- We are a Values-Led business with 9 values at our core that run through everything we do
The total cost for ISSOS 2020:
Cambridge: £500 Enrolment Fee, plus £4400 Tuition
Yale: $500 Enrolment Fee, plus $6400 Tuition.
We offer an all-inclusive fee for the three-week ISSOS experience covering:
- accommodation (full board)
- course materials and equipment
- trips and excursions
- evening activities, cultural trips & Sunday workshops
- cultural events
- the ISSOS Highland Games
- transport between selected airport and ISSOS campus