Out team has more than ten years’ experience in delivering on-line courses in trading and financial markets, so in these Coronavirus-restricted times, this may be an ideal time to take the opportunity to develop your trading skills and financial markets understanding. Our physical trading floor is not open for the time being (due to the virus), but our tutors are available 10 hours a day online to provide help and advice to all students about every aspect of our courses.
Options Trading Course
This two-day course provides a practical introduction to trading in the options market. Our specialist tutor has decades of options trading experience and this will enable students to gain the maximum benefit from the academic and practical sessions. The course provides students with an understanding of the derivatives markets (futures and options) and how they are traded. It also explains the construction and applications of payoff diagrams.
The first day of the course introduces the basics of options, puts, calls, spreads, straddle and strangles. It will always use practical examples to illustrate academic concepts. The second day involves more practical trading. Students will apply what they have learnt to create their options trades, with help and guidance from the specialist. This course takes place at our London campus, in Holborn. Students will have access to an options trading platform to support their learning. They will actively participate in trading sessions to gain an understanding of how what they have learnt is applicable in real-life scenarios.
By the end of the course, students should be able to understand the different concepts of options trading, recognise different option payoff profiles and be able to trade options structure in real-time markets.
Entry requirements for all LAT programmes:
- A completed and signed application form
- A copy of your passport/proof of ID/Birth Certificate
Entry requirements for all LAT programmes of two weeks or more:
- A scanned copy of a recent passport-sized colour photograph
- Proof of education qualifications
- Proof of English proficiency, if required
Note: All documents are to be provided in English. Where documents are not in English, you will also need to provide a certified translation of any such documents.
- Scanned copies of your diplomas and certified translation
- Scanned copies of your certified transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency IELTS 5.5 or equivalents
- Candidates who studied an undergraduate degree in the medium of English in a majority English – speaking country can provide a letter from their university confirming this as evidence of their English proficiency.
All other students:
- A minimum level 3 qualification or an interview with our Academic Dean, Paddy Osborn Fully completed LAT application form
About the School
Established in 2010, the London Academy of Trading (LAT) has provided training for thousands of individuals wishing to enhance their knowledge of financial markets and to develop their skills in tradi ... Read More