- Course Code: OPM102A
- Duration: 1 week
- Fee: £2675
- Measuring demand and capacity
- Setting the operation’s base capacity
- Ways of coping with mismatches between demand and capacity
- How operations understand the consequences of their capacity decision
Supply Chain Management
- How supply chains compete
- Managing relationships in supply chains
- Managing the supply side
- Managing the demand side
- The dynamics of supply chains
- Why should there be any inventory?
- Order quantity – the volume decision
- When to place an order – the timing decision
- Controlling inventory
Planning and Control Systems
- What are planning and control systems?
- ERP and how it developed into the most common planning and control system
- Implementing planning and control systems
Materials Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Master production schedule
- The bill of materials (BOM)
- Inventory records
- The MRP netting process
- MRP capacity checks
- Operations directors and managers
- Heads of departments
- Operations executives, officers, and staff
- Those who wish to learn how to plan and control the delivery of the operations process.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- How operations need to decide how to vary their capacity (if at all) as demand for their products and services fluctuates.
- How operations relate to each other in the context of a wider network of suppliers and customers, and how these relationships can be managed.
- How transformed resources accumulate as inventories as they flow through processes, operations or supply networks.
- How systems are needed to manage the very large amounts of information required to plan and control operations, and how enterprise resource planning (ERP) is used to do this.
- Materials requirements planning (MRP) as an approach to calculating how many parts or materials of particular types are required and what times they are required.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- 30 hours of classroom-based training
- Apple iPad
About the School
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all o ... Read More