Six Sigma is a proven systematic approach to improve measurable results for any organization. Lean is a process to identify and eliminate sources of waste and activities that do not add value to create maximum productivity.
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program takes organizations to the next level by uniting product and process excellence with goals such as improving customer service and/or enhancing shareholder value creation. Leaders in today's organizations are turning to Lean Six Sigma Green Belt to ensure their competitive edge, improve service and build the skill base needed to sustain performance improvement.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for those who are responsible for, or are looking to contribute to, high impact projects by incorporating Lean Six Sigma methodology.
Occupational summary for general and operations managers in the United States:
- Jobs: 2.23M (2018)
- Projected Growth: 11.5% (2018-2028)
- Annual Salary: $66k-$157k (25th-75th Percentile)
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Execute better: Lean Six Sigma links strategic plans to operational improvements to create efficiencies for your business.
- Build customer loyalty: Lean Six Sigma helps you target your customer needs so you can improve the things that matter most to your customers.
- Create greater returns by lowering operating costs and delivering products and services quicker and with higher customer satisfaction through operational excellence.
Required Courses (Green Belt Program)
- Lean Six Sigma Philosophy and Project Selection (1.5 units)
- Lean Six Sigma Descriptive Statistics (2.5 units)
- Six Sigma Lean Project Success Fundamentals (1.5 units)
- Six Sigma Lean Toolkit (2.5 units)
- Lean Six Sigma Project Practicum (2 units)