Educational consulting professionals who are planning to launch an independent practice must prepare for this new business model. In addition, they need to fully understand the college admissions process, and how to address legal, insurance, marketing, ethical and general business issues.
The Independent Educational Consultant Certificate Program provides precisely the knowledge and skills needed to build a business practice. The program also provides the knowledge requisite to navigate the college admissions process and the specialization to meet the needs of varied clients.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals interested in transitioning into the college admissions consulting profession.
- Individuals looking to launch a private educational consulting practice.
- Already well-established consultants seeking professional development.
Occupational summary for educational, guidance, school, and vocational counselors in the United States.
- Jobs: 263,380 (2018)
- Projected Growth: 12.2% (2018-2028)
- Annual Salary: $42k-$73k (25th-75th Percentile)
- Learn how to effectively work with families through the college admissions process and financial aid network.
- Acquire the basic skills required to start, open, and grow a successful and ethical educational consulting practice.
- Learn strategic thinking for developing your business model and marketing plan using proven tactics.
- Principles of Independent Educational Consulting (2 units)
- Navigating the Financial Aid Network (2 units)
- College Admissions Consulting Resources (2.5 units)
- Developing an Independent Educational Consulting Business (2.5 units)
- Independent Educational Consulting Practicum (3 units)
Elective Courses (Choose two)
- Working with Students with Learning Differences (1.5 units)
- Marketing and Public Relations for the Educational Consultant (1.5 units)
- Consulting Transfer, Summer, and Gap Year Students (1.5 units)
- American College Consulting for the International Student (1.5 units)
- International College Consulting for the American Student (1.5 units)
- Fundamentals of Graduate School Admissions (1.5 units)
About the School
In the U.S. News & World Report annual college survey, UC Irvine is ranked among the top 50 universities nationally, and ranks tenth among all public universities.