THIS COURSE IS TEACHED ON THE PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE
The course offers a systemic view of the jeweler market, putting in perspective factors that potentiate, organize and make feasible the strategic design. The participant will learn the most current techniques for making handmade and industrial jewels.
Idealized for professionals or interested who want to know or extend their knowledge in the world of jewelry. It is aimed at those who want to work in national and international brands, as well as those who wish to undertake or improve their business.
HOW IS IT?
From the Design of Jewels and collections to the experimentation of jewelery techniques, through the knowledge of the History of Jewelery and Gems and by the management of business. The student will be led to an immersion in the jeweler universe, through research and practice.
ONE YEAR EXECUTIVE AND CREATIVE COURSE IN JEWELRY DESIGN WITH INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE IN ITALY
ABOUT THE COURSE
The course in Jewelry Design offered by the Istituto Europeo di Design - IED São Paulo, in partnership with IED Firenze, stimulates and exercises the student to create the jewelry design, to know the history of the jewelry and to try the techniques of goldsmithing and business management applied to the current market.
The methodology has an emphasis on research, reflection and practice. The student will be led to an immersion in the jeweler universe, knowing its main actors and having access to the different interfaces that the market offers. Teachers, who have vast knowledge and experience in the industry, will instill a more real vision of the current market and its opportunities.
Modules taught at Instituto Europeo di Design - IED São Paulo
- History of Joia
- Illustrative and technical jewelry design
- Basic Jewelery (Bench)
- 3D drawing
- Productive processes
- Planning and Collection Development
- Market Overview Current Jeweler: Challenges and Opportunities
- Brand Identity.
- Visit to the VicenzaOro Fair
- Lecture on Innovation in the jewelry supply chain
- Technical visit to the bronzista workshop
- Trends Talk
- Technical view to the metallurgy company of accessories for high fashion
- Technical visit to the jewelry company
- Scuola di Arti Orafe Workshop
- Technical visit to the old Torrini jewelry production workshop
- Technical visit to the workshop of Master Alessandro Dari
* The schedule of the trip may change.
The formation of classes and the beginning of courses depend on a minimum quorum (at the discretion of the faculty), to ensure the best experience for all participants.
About the School
IED São Paulo very presence contributes to positioning this metropolis as Latin America fashion capital and to Brazilian design’s emancipation from foreign cultural influences.