CCSS runs a highly successful one year programme for GCSE students. We offer a broad range of subjects providing students with a varied and balanced curriculum. Maths, English and a science subject are compulsory on this course.
Students usually take between five and seven subjects, depending on their background and future plans. This approach gives experience of a range of academic disciplines before choosing which subjects to study on the A-level programme.
Personal, social and health education (PSHE) is an important element of the education for our younger students, and this is interwoven in the GCSE programme.
Who chooses a GCSE programme at CCSS?
- UK students who, after completing Year 9 or Year 10 at local schools feel that they will benefit from our small class sizes and personal attention or from our extensive subject range.
- Students whose families are planning to move to Cambridge and who seek a first class, success-focussed provision.
- International students who want to prepare for A-Level courses.
- Re-sit students who have not performed as well as they hoped and wish to retake GCSE in order to improve their grades and get a firm foundation for further education.
- Students who want to build upon GCSE success by quickly gaining additional GCSEs in new subjects that will open doors to a bright future.
With an average class size of six, you receive strong individual support. Our Head of GCSE has a great rapport with students; you’ll meet every day to keep a close eye on your progress and achievement.
Current GCSE courses include Mathematics, English Literature, English Language, English as a Second Language, French, Geography, History, Business studies, Art, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
About the School
CCSS is proud to be setting the education agenda for ambitious young people. Our students’ accomplishments and the success of our alumni reflect our ambition to transform aspiration into achievement. ... Read More