One Year Filmmaking Program
The One-year Filmmaking program is an introduction to the essentials of filmmaking Students are introduced to the fundamentals – directing, production, cinematography, screenwriting or editing – of the art and craft of film production in a predominately hands-on-film curriculum with complimentary theoretical and film culture classes. In addition to the workshops and one-on-one tutoring, One-year filmmaking program students can choose up to 60 credits of courses from the EICAR English language BFA film curriculum. The program also includes 4 months of “on the set” student film production where One-year program students have the opportunity to work in the various posts of cinema production along with students from the Bachelor and Master programs. The program serves as a powerful springboard for students looking to begin their film education.
English language Hands-On-Film program in the cinema capital of the world
- Complete “learning by doing” curriculum in the fundamentals of filmmaking
- Extensive one-on-one tutoring with film professionals
- Faculty and tutors – A-list film professionals
- Screenings, workshops & seminars in partnership with La Cinémathèque Française (French National Film Museum)
- This is a non-degree program. However, students who successfully complete the program have the opportunity to enter the EICAR Bachelor program (or Master program if they qualify) with 60 credits