LSI Portsmouth’s OET for Nurses and Doctors Preparation Course
Do you need to achieve a Grade B in the OET exam for Nurses and Doctors as quickly as possible? If so, LSI Portsmouth’s OET course for Nurses and Doctors is for you.
LSI Portsmouth is an official OET Premium Preparation Provider, one of only a few in the UK. This means that the OET preparation courses run by LSI Portsmouth have the highest possible standard and are among the best in the country.
What is an OET Preparation Course?
LSI Portsmouth offers full-time OET courses for Nurses and Doctors. These courses include face-to-face tuition with experienced and highly-qualified teachers, as well as access to self-study facilities, and daily homework. Our courses have been fully-endorsed by the OET group, so they are guaranteed to provide high-level preparation.
The OET exam consists of four subtests: Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. Our courses focus on the skills required for each part of the exam. You will have specialised input in each area of the exam, along with feedback on your progress from your teachers, a range of practice activities, and access to self-study material.
What you will get on the OET Nursing Preparation Courses
During both the full-time course you will:
- Focus on the skills required for the OET exam, as well as grammar and vocabulary for the test.
- Learn a range of exam techniques for each part of the exam.
- Be given individual feedback on your areas of strength and areas to develop.
- Be given all the materials that you need on the course (these are included in the course fees).
- Do a mock speaking test in exam conditions and receive tips and advice about how to improve your performance in the speaking test.
- Receive detailed feedback and correction on your written work.
- Have daily homework to help you get the most from the course.
- Have access to supplementary materials in our Study Centre to help you progress quickly.
Why take our OET preparation course in the UK at LSI Portsmouth?
- LSI Portsmouth is an official OET test centre. This means that LSI Portsmouth has been approved by OET as an exam centre, and you can take your OET exam with us at the end of your course. All our OET courses are directly followed by an OET exam date on Saturday or Sunday at the end of the course, so you can do your course and exam in one week.
- LSI Portsmouth is the joint number one ranked school in the UK for teaching, according to the British Council inspection reports, as published in the EL Gazette in 2018.
- LSI Portsmouth is an official OET Premium Preparation Provider, one of only a handful of schools in the UK to achieve this benchmark of quality in teaching and course design. According to the OET, Premium Providers “have demonstrated high levels of quality in material creation and curriculum planning”, and have been endorsed by OET to offer OET courses.
- All OET teachers at LSI Portsmouth are fully-trained and highly-experienced.
- LSI Portsmouth has an excellent track record of success in preparing students for examinations. We have been an IELTS test centre since 2003 and have successfully prepared students for a range of exams, including IELTS, Cambridge, BEC and BULATS over the last 25 years.
What is the Occupational English Test?
The OET (Occupational English Test) is an English language test for healthcare professionals.
OET assesses the language and communication skills of healthcare professionals who would like to register and practise in an English-speaking environment. The OET exam assesses all four language skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking) with an emphasis on communication in a healthcare environment.
OET is trusted by regulators, hospitals and universities in the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Dubai, Singapore and many other countries. OET has been developed specifically for 12 healthcare professions.
Choose the OET exam preparation course that suits you
At LSI Portsmouth, we offer a full-time, 1-week, intensive OET course both online and face-to-face.
|When are the classes?||Monday to Friday, from 09:00 – 11:45 / 13:00 – 15:45|
|How long does the course take?||1 week|
|How many hours of class time do I get?||Total 25 hours (25 x 60 minutes)|
|What level do I need?||Minimum B2/IELTS 6.0 overall/OET Grade C|
|How much does it cost?||£370 + £80 registration fee / 2021 fee £400|
|When can I start?||Each full-time course takes place in the week before an OET exam at LSI Portsmouth so that you can study from Monday to Friday, and then take your OET exam at our OET test centre on the Saturday or Sunday directly after the course. However, you can also do the course with a gap before your exam, so that you have more time to do self-study or take extra 1-1 lessons before the test if you need to.|
|Do you also offer 1-1 lessons for OET?||Yes, we can offer individual lessons for OET preparation. Lessons cost £45 per hour. Please contact us if you are interested in 1-1 classes, and we can discuss a timetable that suits you.|
About the School
LSI Portsmouth: English Language Specialists since 1985. LSI Portsmouth is a friendly, large, year-round English language school for motivated adults aged 18 and over. We offer a wide range of courses ... Read More