In a world of flat, lean organizations and new forms of global partnerships, effective negotiation strategies and skills are essential for individual success. From an organizational perspective, the negotiation process is a key element in value creation. In this program, you will actively examine negotiations with external parties and negotiations within organizations. Primary emphasis is on negotiation strategies that enable individuals to create value in a manner that enhances long-term relationships. The program will also address cultural differences affecting negotiating styles.
Who Should Attend
Individuals from a wide range of organizations, industries, and functional backgrounds throughout Asia-Pacific are encouraged to attend. You will gain the greatest benefit from this program if you are a manager seeking to:
Create value for your organization through the use of negotiation and dispute-resolution strategies and skills.
Enhance your encounters with customers, employees, suppliers, partners, prospective partners, investors, or other stakeholders.
You will leave with hands-on experience in a variety of negotiation techniques, which will enable you to:
- Develop a successful negotiation style.
- Provide effective leadership in dealmaking and dispute resolution.
- Develop organizational negotiation and dispute resolution competency.
Through the use of cases, videos, peer feedback, personal journals, negotiation simulations and other exercises, you will:
- Understand and practice negotiation and dispute resolution processes.
- Evaluate your own negotiation and dispute resolution style.
- Critically evaluate and improve your own negotiation and dispute resolution experiences.
- Develop the informal dispute resolution skills that are essential to effective leadership.
Through active participation in negotiation simulations and exercises with other participants, you will establish a network of contacts who are interested in learning about negotiation and dispute resolution.