Become an effective negotiator by learning proven techniques to build and maintain relationships, apply appropriate power and influence, structure agreements and develop buy-in. In this interactive two-day Negotiating Skills seminar, you'll practice the methods employed by skilled negotiators so you can:
- Develop a framework that leads to win-win solutions
- Resolve difficult situations using dispute settlement skills
- Learn powerful strategies for planning, negotiating and implementing agreements
- Select the best mix of tools for your personal negotiation style
- Achieve your goals and maintain critical relationships
An Integrated Approach to Negotiation - How to achieve your goals while building and maintaining relationships. Recognizing and responding to differing communication and decision-making styles. Key strategies for ensuring that agreements are implemented.
Four "Lenses" Used By Effective Negotiators - Who are the real parties? What is really important and why? How do I recognize and apply power and influence? How important is this relationship?
Planning for Negotiations - Recognizing when you are negotiating. Knowing when negotiation is and is not appropriate. Building internal organizational support for negotiation strategies and outcomes.
Protocol and Procedural Bargaining - Identifying and engaging the appropriate parties. Building agreements through procedural understandings and commitments. How to use time and deadlines effectively.
Strategies for Reaching Agreement - Building agreement through packages. Developing a single text format and drafting "straw" documents. Informal and formal negotiating. Setting goals to shape the agreement.
Strategies For Implementation - How to build commitment and investment in the agreement. How to take the agreement for a "test drive" Planning for the unforeseen.
Benefits of Attending
- Understand negotiation as a central management tool and learn to implement negotiation skills in a variety of business settings.
- Focus on how to negotiate agreements in a way that builds and maintains effective working relationships.
- Achieve practical solutions and positive approaches to influencing others.
Why Business Sponsor
Companies that sponsor employees in the Negotiating Skills seminar benefit from timely and productive negotiations; more effective teams; and better relations with clients and customers.
- Managers who want to improve relationships with employees and customers
- Professionals whose success depends upon skillful negotiation both inside and outside of their organizations
- Individuals interested in sharpening their negotiating skills
About the School
The Michael G. Foster School of Business at the University of Washington, located in Seattle, ranks among the top business schools in the United States. Founded in 1917, the School has more than 46,00 ... Read More