Become an effective negotiator by learning proven techniques to build and maintain relationships, apply appropriate power and influence, structure agreements and develop buy-in. In this interactive two-day Negotiating Skills seminar, you'll practice the methods employed by skilled negotiators so you can:
- Develop a framework that leads to win-win solutions
- Resolve difficult situations using dispute settlement skills
- Learn powerful strategies for planning, negotiating and implementing agreements
- Select the best mix of tools for your personal negotiation style
- Achieve your goals and maintain critical relationships
An Integrated Approach to Negotiation - How to achieve your goals while building and maintaining relationships. Recognizing and responding to differing communication and decision-making styles. Key strategies for ensuring that agreements are implemented.
Four "Lenses" Used By Effective Negotiators - Who are the real parties? What is really important and why? How do I recognize and apply power and influence? How important is this relationship?
Planning for Negotiations - Recognizing when you are negotiating. Knowing when negotiation is and is not appropriate. Building internal organizational support for negotiation strategies and outcomes.
Protocol and Procedural Bargaining - Identifying and engaging the appropriate parties. Building agreements through procedural understandings and commitments. How to use time and deadlines effectively.
Strategies for Reaching Agreement - Building agreement through packages. Developing a single text format and drafting "straw" documents. Informal and formal negotiating. Setting goals to shape the agreement.
Strategies For Implementation - How to build commitment and investment in the agreement. How to take the agreement for a "test drive" Planning for the unforeseen.
Benefits of Attending
- Understand negotiation as a central management tool and learn to implement negotiation skills in a variety of business settings.
- Focus on how to negotiate agreements in a way that builds and maintains effective working relationships.
- Achieve practical solutions and positive approaches to influencing others.
Why Business Sponsor
Companies that sponsor employees in the Negotiating Skills seminar benefit from timely and productive negotiations; more effective teams; and better relations with clients and customers.
- Managers who want to improve relationships with employees and customers
- Professionals whose success depends upon skillful negotiation both inside and outside of their organizations
- Individuals interested in sharpening their negotiating skills