Out of the confinement of an informed public, the video game today occupies a prominent place and is open to all. He became the great cultural industry in France and in the world, with multiple scopes through the mobile game, the serious game or the "advert game," offering a range of desired activities: 3d animator, effects special, matte painter, game artist, etc.
The "game animator" created a visual world that allows players to immerse themselves in the game. Its mission requires highly specialized technical skills and a strong artistic culture.
With this training, you will discover all stages of the design and animation of a video game, either modeling of characters, props, staging and special effects. Particular emphasis is placed on teaching the most advanced software and artistic fundamental to gain an overall understanding of the business and you forge an operational expertise.
- Format: mix learning
- Workshops-face: 1-2
- Admission: pot, line maintenance and work record
- Tentative duration: 24 months
- Registration: at any time of the year
- Internship: mission company 3 to 6 months in France or abroad (not compulsory)
Training delivers Higher National Diploma (HND) in Game AnimationBritish state diploma level III (Bac +2) and 122.5 ECTS credits*, With an academic and professional recognition internationally.
* European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System credits.
People who are passionate about video games and 3D animation, fun and fantastic universe in general, who have ideas, imagination, interest in new digital technologies, and wish initiate a modeling career video games, improve, or update their skills in this area.
What you will learn
Through this online program, according to your specialized units, you will learn to:
- Acquire artistic bases (design, analysis, computer graphics, image editing)
- Develop your playful, graphic arts and culture, to adopt a film analysis
- Understand the movement, methods of digital image retouching and the basics of animation through professional software
- Gain a strong culture of images (2D and 3D, staging and light)
- Knowing the different trades and video game production chain
- Develop a set design
- Design and develop decors in three dimensions
- Creating computer graphics and 3d rendered with appropriate lighting
- Use the techniques of "rigging" the "set up skinning" to tackle the "motion capture" to create living and endearing characters
- Composer Special Effects
- To make a demo tape (reel show) and a game prototype (trailer) team, with students from the HDN Game design training, you will present in a professional and international jury as a graduation project
professional opportunities and opportunities
Areas of application : Character design and decoration, modeling and matte painting (erecting), texturing (materials), set in motion (animation), lighting (lighting), special effects, compositing (harmonization of all).
Or : Production studios and video game publishers, but also the startup to large groups in the areas of mobile applications, the web, social networks, or digital communications agencies.
Features 3d animator, modeler, illustrator, graphic designer 2d / 3d game artist, character designer, concept artist, matte painter, motion designer, setup animation, game tester, a fun community manager.
Further education towards a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in game animation or special effects (VFX), for example.
This HND program in animation Game is distributed on 16 teaching units (13 compulsory and 3 specialty choice). In total, it represents 960 hours of guided learning and 1440 hours of personal work about.
It was specifically designed to meet the needs of those who have limited time availability and lack of specific skills.
It is achievable over a period of 24 months, according to the pace of work of each (can stretch up to 36 months). An average of 10-15 hours of work per week is recommended (including staff and guided during work).
Details - Sessions 1-4
First year / 60 ECTS
Required units / Section 1/2 Units - 15 ECTS
- 1 / Economics and gaming culture
- 2 / Research Techniques for the production of video games
Required units / Section 2/3 units - 22.5 ECTS
- 8 / Prototytage and animation tools
- 14 / History of the game and game culture
- 45 / Game Concept Art
Specialty units / 3 units to choose from - 22.5 ECTS
- 46 / 2D Graphics for video games
- 47 / 2D Animation
- 48 / Fundamentals of computer game platforms
- 49 / 3D game engine
Details - Sessions 5-8
Second Year / 62.5 ECTS
Required units / Section 1/2 units - 17.5 ECTS
- 3 / Diploma Project
- 4 / Personal research on the video game industry
Required units / Section 2/1 unit - 7.5 ECTS
- 18 / Features and trades in the video game industry
Required units / Section 3/5 units - 37.5 ECTS
- 69 / 3D modeling
- 70 / 3D Environment - Middleware
- 71 / 3D Animation
- 73 / 3D character Animation
- 80 / Stage
During your course
- 1 2 Workshops-face
- 1 2 Design Challenges (optional)
- 1 Masterclass Online
It is possible to add additional units and workshops optionally.
Included software and Turoriels
The program includes professional tutorials among the most efficient on the market.
According to specialized units, software used: Illustrator, Photoshop, Maya, After Effects, 3ds Max, Flash, UDK, Unity, Cinema 4D, Mental Ray, E-on Vue Render Nuke, ZBrush, Houdini (not exhaustive) .
The software required for your program and specialization of units you choose are a student full version Cloud or download.
- Computer with 64-bit processor, 3 GHz or Mac with Boot Camp V2.0 or higher.
- Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS 10.7 or higher.
- Minimum RAM 4GB RAM (8GB recommended) and 1TB hard drive
- Graphics card compatible with AutoCAD and 3D Studio Max ®
- Broadband internet access and webcam
- screen resolution of at least 1080 x 900 (1280 x 1024 recommended)
- Sound card, headphones and microphone
- Flatbed (scanner)
- Digital Camera (Smartphone or multimedia)
- Basic tools and accessories for drawing (details provided).