National Diploma in Hospitality (Operational Management) Level 5
National Technology Institute in Auckland.
This qualiﬁcation is intended for people with prior experience in hospitality, who wish to acquire the knowledge and skills to manage a business unit within a large hospitality enterprise. People currently working in general management positions in the hospitality industry and who wish to have their knowledge and skills recognised are advised to consider the attainment of the National Diploma in Hospitality (Operational Management) Level 5.
The core syllabus of this qualiﬁcation covers the areas of:
- Developing and coordinating people
- Supervisory management
- Staff training and assessment
- Hospitality operations
- Hospitality management control systems
- Purchasing and stores management
- Regional cuisine and gastronomy
The programme is made up of New Zealand Qualiﬁcations Authority unit standards, delivering theoretical knowledge and developing hands-on skills in the following areas:
- Commercial accommodation management
- Hospitality facility utilisation
- Licensed premises management
The qualiﬁcation provides students with pathways to various higher level qualiﬁcations at institutes both within New Zealand as well as in Australia and Switzerland.
- 18 years of age or over (international students).
- Relevant hospitality experience.
- Applicants may be subject to an interview.
- Domestic students are required to have 8 credits in English at NCEA Level 2.
- International students require IELTS 5.5 with no band less than 5.0 (Academic) or the equivalent level of English.
National Diploma in Hospitality (Operational Management) Level 5 provides graduates with the skills to advance their careers in operational management positions in the hospitality industry.
Intakes in 2015:
8 January, 26 February, 26 March, 28 May, 18 June, 20 August, 10 September