Graduates who have obtained this qualification will be competent in applying operations management techniques and strategies, resulting in effectiveness and productivity in industry. The qualified student will be able to register with ECSA.
Exit level outcomes:
The qualifying student will be able to:
- Execute operations management techniques in Industry.
- Apply management and leadership principles in Industry.
- Apply cost control.
- Apply relevant principles and procedures to perform financial analyses.
Admission Requirements and Selection Criteria
- A National Senior Certificate or an equivalent qualification of an equivalent standard.
- Refer to Faculty Regulation EB3 for the minimum admission requirements for the Senior Certificate (until 2008) and the National Senior Certificate (from 2009).
- Recommended subject: Technical Drawing.
- N3 Certificate, with a minimum pass of 60% in Mathematics and Physical Science, and a pass in two languages.
- Students who have passed suitable access programmes may be exempted from the minimum requirements.
Award of diploma
A National Diploma in the relevant field of study will be awarded to candidates after successful completion of all theoretical and experiential learning requirements.
Registration and Start Dates
Registration starts in January and lectures in February for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate course work programmes.
All research programmes for Masters and PhD can register throughout the year.
End Date: Academic starts in January and ends in December. Programme deadline is determined by the duration of the programme.
About the School
Vibrant, multicultural and dynamic, the University of Johannesburg (UJ) shares the pace and energy of cosmopolitan Johannesburg, the city whose name it carries. Proudly South African, the university i ... Read More