Travel to New York City with The Cutting Room & FBA360! If you’re a fashion designer or student looking to launch your fashion line or take it to the next level, our NYC Sourcing Field Trip is your chance to learn, to make connections, and to be inspired.
Join Liza Deyrmenjian, fashion industry expert and owner of The Cutting Room and FBA360, on a guided sourcing tour through some of New York City’s most prominent garment production factories. Tour participants will receive the opportunity to meet and speak with factories that specialize in wovens, knits, bathing suits, leather accessories, purses, bags, and belts.
In addition, travelers will attend DG Expo, visit downtown showrooms and studios, meet with top sales reps and PR firms, and source fabrics from the garment district.
Learn how to source in New York City and receive vendor contacts who are available to work with from anywhere in the world!
During the tour, participants will receive the following:
- 6 factory contacts (knits, wovens, couture, swim, wedding dress, cashmere knits)
- 2 pattern maker contacts
- 2 sample house contacts
- Over 3 dozen fabric contacts for small minimums to production size yardage
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity! Only 8 spots available per tour.
Tour Itinerary (January 2018)*:
- Meet top pattern maker who works with Elizabeth and James, The Row, DVF, Cynthia Rowley, and more
- Visit a selection of factories that specialize in wovens and knits, ready to wear, contemporary, wedding and couture dresses, swimsuits, bags, and leather accessories (purse, leash, wallet, belts)
- Walk the garment district (fabric sourcing)
- Visit Mood Fabrics
- Free time
- Attend DG Expo
- Fabric sourcing for wools, knits, novelty fabrics and trims including zipper, buttons, and hardware
- Free time
2 Day Option
- $950 USD
- Includes all tour excursions
- Tour participants are responsible for their own airfare, hotel, transportation, and all food costs (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
* Exact tour dates to be determined
Tour Leader: Liza Deyrmenjian
Liza D. has helped hundreds of fashion and lifestyle entrepreneurs build million dollar businesses, many of which have been featured in major publications and on national television shows such as Oprah and Good Morning America. Liza knows how to get things done and make things happen.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 1, 2018