The NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) in Business is a one-year academic qualification for students aged 17+, that provides guaranteed access to thousands of university degrees.
What is the International Foundation Year (IFY) in Business?
The NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) in Business, is a one-year qualification designed to prepare you for first-year entry to undergraduate degree courses at reputable English speaking universities around the world. The programme is particularly suited to those seeking a career in business, finance and all areas of management.
As well as academic knowledge, the NCUK International Foundation Year will give you specialist English language, study and cultural skills that are an essential part of your degree course. This unique combination will help you to get into the University of your choice and be successful in your future career.
On successful completion of your International Foundation Year at Oxford Sixth Form College you are guaranteed a place at one of the 16 below universities:
- Aston University
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bradford
- University of Bristol
- University of Huddersfield
- University of Kent
- Kingston University
- University of Leeds
- Leeds Beckett University
- Liverpool John Moores University
- The University of Manchester
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Queen Mary University of London
- University of Salford
- The University of Sheffield
- Sheffield Hallam University
In addition to this, there are a number of universities worldwide that welcome applications from students holding the NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) qualification.
What do I study on the NCUK Foundation Year?
Similar to A-Levels, you study three academic modules designed to prepare you for the study of business, finance or management at undergraduate degree level. You may also need to study one of our English for Academic Purposes modules.
The academic modules are as follows:
- IFYMB002 Mathematics (Business)
- IFYBS002 Business Studies
- IFYEC002 Economics
English for Academic Purposes (FYEN001)
All NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) English module provides essential preparation for university study. Your options are:
- English for Academic Purposes for non-native speakers of English
How is it assessed?
The NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) is assessed 20% by coursework and 80% by examination. All assessments are set and moderated by NCUK.
What are the entry requirements?
You must be at least 17 years old, completed 11 years of high school education and have a recognised English language qualification e.g. IELTS 5.0.
Who awards the qualification?
NCUK awards the final certificate. Upon successful completion, you will receive a certificate showing that you have passed the course and a transcript that details your individual module results.
Universities worldwide and UK NARIC (National Recognition Information Centre) formally recognises the NCUK International Foundation Year as a comparable level to GCE A-Level, Australian high school (SSCE), and American high school (AP) qualifications.
- NCUK is a consortium of leading universities dedicated to giving international students guaranteed access to universities and helping students succeed when they get there.
- NCUK qualifications are recognised by NCUK universities and by most others across the UK, including many in the Russell Group (UK’s Ivy League), and also by universities internationally.
- Since 1987, NCUK has helped over 30,000 international students gain guaranteed access to leading UK universities.
About the School
Established in 1988, Oxford Sixth Form College is one of the UK’s leading independent sixth form colleges for students aged 15-19. Formerly named Oxford Tutorial College, we sustain the tutorial tradi ... Read More