The three-term Musical Theatre stream of the Drama Foundation is intended to encourage integration of different performance skills within the idea of one performer.
- Length 1 year (3 terms)
- Course Start September
- Progression Students who are successful on this course may progress onto degree-level courses in musical theatre.
- Tutor Support Specialist tutor support available 5 days a week.
- Studio Access Students have access to our studios 7 days a week, from 8am to 8.30pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm at weekends.
- How Your Work Is Assessed Visual and written assignments and projects.
- Guest Lecturers Our course is enriched by programmed of lectures and workshops from a range of creative professionals.
What to Expect
The goal of musical theatre is for every element of the practical work to support the dramatic journey. Students will be encouraged to work diligently developing technical skills involved in singing and dancing, while focusing on the communication of a story.
The course is delivered through a combination of acting, dance, voice, singing, and project work, as well as masterclasses and workshops delivered by both in-house staff and visiting industry professionals.
Students will receive one to one tuition each week in acting and singing, to better prepare them for the rigorous processes involved in auditions for drama schools, conservatoires, and universities. An enormous amount of support is given to students as they consider the next steps in their development.
17 years +
Successful completion of High School is needed or 1 x A level or an equivalent Level 3 qualification and 5 x GCSEs at grade 4 or grade C or equivalent, preferably in a relevant creative subject.
Students who do not meet these entry requirements will still be considered on their own individual potential to succeed.
English Level for International Students
IELTS 5.5+ (no element under 4.0)
An audition piece is required for entry to this course.
How We Teach
Throughout this course students will be taught through specialist workshops, guest lecturers, regular one-to-ones and group tutorials.
Acting, Singing, Creative Movement, Hip Hop, Song and Dance, Voice, Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Contemporary Dance, Developmental Play
- Arts Ed
- Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire
Each of our students receives assistance from our dedicated university officer to help with university applications. They are also supported with auditions.