If you love creating, producing and mixing music using technology then this Level 2 Music Technology course is a perfect way to start developing your skills.
IMPROVE YOUR MUSICIANSHIP
WRITE & REMIX SONGS
MIX LIVE & STUDIO SOUND
DEVELOP BUSINESS SKILLS
START YOUR CREATIVE CAREER
Choosing this Level 2 Music Technology course is the beginning of your journey into the creative industries.
The creative sector is one of the fastest growing areas of the UK economy and a great and exciting place in which to work.
This Music Technology course can lead on to:
- Further skills development on the Level 3 Music Production or Sound Engineering courses or other Level 3 courses.
- Employment, or self-employment, in the creative industries (for over 18s). This may be as a music producer or sound engineer, or it may be into another area of the music or creative industries.
- A creative apprenticeship as a stepping stone to work.
GET INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
Being at Access is so much more than just doing a course. You will have the chance to get the first-hand experience of the music and creative industries.
Here are some of the opportunities you can take advantage of:
- EVENTS: You’ll have unique opportunities to showcase your work. These range from a local gig to the chance to perform on a festival stage at events such as Latitude organized by partner, Festival Republic.
- MUSIC GLUE: Music Glue is a global direct-to-fan platform used by 26,000 artists worldwide to sell tickets, merchandise, music and more directly to their audience from one customizable website.
- DISTRIBEAT: A partnership with a worldwide distribution company, Distribeat, which allows you to market their music through all major online stores including iTunes.
- MASTERCLASSES: Access promotes industry masterclasses by artists represented by Tri-Tone and 7 pm Management. These enable you to gain advice and guidance from working musicians and producers.
- TWINE: All our students get free Twine membership, which is an online platform allowing creative people to collaborate on projects and earn money!
- FOCUSRITE: Access is proud of its partnership with Focusrite. You will have the chance to get your hands on over £500 of FREE Focusrite audio plug-ins, supported by special Focusrite workshops.
GET A QUALIFICATION
On successful completion you will get a recognized qualification which you can add to your creative CV:
- One year RSL Level 2 Diploma for Music Practitioners.
- The Level 2 Diploma is equivalent to roughly four GCSEs grades 4-9.
DURATION & FEES
- The Level 2 Music Technology course lasts for one year.
- It is usually delivered over three to four days per week from September to June (daytime). How long you are in college will depend on what additional English and Maths sessions you need to attend.
- If you aged 16-18 on 31st August 2018, and/or at the start of your Music Technology course then the course is FREE
- If you aged 19+ on 31st August 2018 then the course costs are as follows, depending on your circumstances:
- FREE for 19-23s if you do not have a previous full Level 2 qualification.*
- FREE for 19-23s if you are unemployed and already have a full Level 2 qualification.*
- FREE for 24+ if you are unemployed, whether you already have a full Level 2 qualification* or not.
- 19-23s can be co-funded if you are employed and already have a full Level 2 qualification* (you pay £1800), unless you are earning under £15,736.50 then it’s FREE.
- 24+ can be co-funded if you are employed (you pay £1800), unless you are earning under £15,736.50 then it’s FREE.
- *Full Level 2 is five GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4 or its equivalent.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS & SIGNING UP
Applying for this Level 2 Music Technology course is easy. All you need to do is fill in our online application form and we will get back in touch with some suggested dates of when we can meet up to discuss it further.
- SKILLS SET: We value your creative passion and skills above all else. However, you will also need to demonstrate that you are able to work at Level 2 (GCSE standard). For school leavers, we will require evidence of your predicted and actual grades, backed up by a school reference. As a guide, this Music Technology course is for producers and composers with some skills and experience. You are likely to have experience in creating tracks using one or two types of software such as Ableton, Reason, Cubase or FL Studio. You may have had experience of live sound at small gigs or festivals. Please note you will not be able to enroll if you will be under the age of 16 on 31st August. Applications from people under this age are still welcome but will be deferred to the following year.
- INTERVIEW: You will be invited to an audition/interview. Please come prepared to talk about how you created a piece of music using digital software, or how you have mixed live or studio sound. If you are a DJ or a live electronic performer, please come prepared to demonstrate your skills and talk about bars, beats and structures and music production.
About the School
Access Creative College is a national creative college that focuses on providing a creative alternative to sixth form or FE college for 16-18s, but welcomes older learners, as well.