If you love creating, producing and mixing music using technology then this Level 3 Music Production course is a perfect way to develop your skills for creative work or university.
IMPROVE YOUR MUSICIANSHIP
Develop your understanding of how music works.
WRITE & REMIX SONGS
Master the art of creating tracks using DAWs and remix tunes by other artists, working in fully equipped Apple Mac tech suites using Logic
DJ YOUR MUSIC
Explore the option to DJ your music at live events.
DEVELOP BUSINESS SKILLS
Get the skills to promote yourself and your music within the industry.
START YOUR CREATIVE CAREER
Choosing this Level 3 Music Production course will give you the skills to go on to university or into creative work.
The creative sector is one of the fastest growing areas of the UK economy and a great and exciting place in which to work.
This Music Production course can lead on to:
- A creative degree at a university where you can gain further skills in preparation for work. This may be a music technology degree or another subject which takes your fancy. You will need to complete both years of the course in order to generate the UCAS points for university entry. Access is now offering a FdSc in Audio and Music Technology.
- Access’s one-year Artist Development course where you can take your music to the next level in preparation for professional work.
- Employment, or self-employment, in the creative industries. This may be as a music artist or songwriter, or it may be into another area of the music or creative industries.
- A creative apprenticeship as a stepping stone to work.
GET INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
Being at Access is so much more than just doing a course. You will have the chance to get the first-hand experience of the music and creative industries.
Here are some of the opportunities you can take advantage of:
- EVENTS: You’ll have unique opportunities to showcase your work. These range from a local club night to the chance to perform on a festival stage at events such as Latitude organized by partner, Festival Republic.
- MUSIC GLUE: Music Glue is a global direct-to-fan platform used by 26,000 artists worldwide to sell tickets, merchandise, music and more directly to their audience from one customizable website.
- DISTRIBEAT: A partnership with a worldwide distribution company, Distribeat, which allows you to market their music through all major online stores including iTunes.
- MASTERCLASSES: Access promotes industry masterclasses by artists represented by Tri-Tone and 7 pm Management. These enable you to gain advice and guidance from working musicians and producers.
- TWINE: All our students get free Twine membership, which is an online platform allowing creative people to collaborate on projects and earn money!
- FOCUSRITE: Access is proud of its partnership with Focusrite. You will have the chance to get your hands on over £500 of FREE Focusrite audio plug-ins, supported by special Focusrite workshops.
GET A QUALIFICATION
On successful completion you will get a recognized qualification which you can add to your creative CV:
- Two-year RSL Level 3 Extended Diploma for Music Practitioners. This can generate up to 168 UCAS points on the 2017 tariff.
- Please note these UCAS points are for a Distinction* and lower grades generate considerably fewer points.
- The Extended Diploma is equivalent to three A Levels or a BTEC Level 3 Diploma.
DURATION & FEES
- The Level 3 Music Production course lasts for two years.
- It is usually delivered over three to four days per week from September to June (daytime). How long you are in college will depend on what additional English and maths sessions you need to attend.
- If you aged 16-18 on 31st August 2018, and/or at the start of your Music Production course then the course is FREE
- If you aged 19+ on 31st August 2018, and/or at the start of your Music Production course then you will have to pay £4800 per year. However, you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover the cost of this course. You will only have to repay the loan when you start to earn over £25,000 per year.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS & SIGNING UP
Applying for this Level 3 Music Production course is easy. All you need to do is fill in our online application form and we will get back in touch with some suggested dates of when we can meet up to discuss it further.
- SKILLS SET: We value your creative passion and skills above all else. However, you will also need to demonstrate that you are able to work at Level 3 (A Level standard). For school leavers, we will require evidence of your predicted and actual grades, backed up by a school reference. As a guide, this course is for more experienced producers/composers with experience of music production. You should already be familiar with at least one or two software platforms and may have used more advanced programmes such as Logic Pro. You may also be a DJ or live electronic performer. Please note you will not be able to enroll if you will be under the age of 16 on 31st August. Applications from people under this age are still welcome but will be deferred to the following year.
- INTERVIEW: You will be invited to an audition/interview. Please prepare a demonstration of how you created a piece of music using the digital software. If you are a DJ or a live electronic performer, please come prepared to demonstrate your skills and talk about bars, beats and structures and music production.
See 9 more programs offered by Access Creative College »
This course is
per year, if you aged 19+ on 31st August 2018. Free for 16-18 years old students.