Learn to make your own infusions, syrups, and craft cocktails using advanced techniques.
Jump into the fascinating world of mixology and create your own products and modern twists on classic cocktails.
Study the remarkable history of cocktails and bartending, from the pre-prohibition era to marvelous contemporary cocktails.
This is our second most popular course as it fantastically complements our International Bartender Course.
Boost your bartending knowledge and get inspired by our Mixology Course
Craft a variety of amazing products
A big part of the course will focus on making products that form the basis of a lot of incredible cocktails. From simple sugar syrups to very complex grenadines, you’ll cook and cover a bunch of different products that are essential to fantastic cocktail making
Create your own delicious cocktail
On the second day of the course, you’ll apply everything you have learned and whip up the best cocktail you can. It can be a twist on a classic or something you’ve invented yourself. Afterward, you’ll share the recipe with the group and take inspiration from each other's marvelous creations!
Acquire elegant preparation and garnishing techniques
You’ll learn advanced garnishing methods to transform your cocktails and make them look at home in any high-end cocktail bar. You’ll make chocolate spoons, sugar discs, dehydrated fruits and more.
The Mixology Course is an opportunity for talented bartenders or past and present EBS students to introduce themselves to the fascinating world of mixology. You’ll learn about the origins of bartending, remarkable products, techniques, and modern-day twists on classic cocktails. After your course, you’ll have a brand new outlook on the craft and will be able to wow customers with your knowledge and skills.
Course Content Overview
- The Journey of the bartender
Learn about the history of the bartender and how the craftsmen have been changing and developing the profession over the years. In addition, you’ll discover the importance of ingredients, techniques, and equipment in making quality cocktails.
- Pre-prohibition and prohibition eras
American prohibition changed society’s position on alcohol; this is why it’s essential that you’re familiar with this era. Many drinks were invented in the lead up to prohibition, and many of these drinks have become modern-day classics. In this module, you’ll get to learn some recipes and try them for yourself. You’ll also learn about:
- What people drank before, during, and after the prohibition era
- Drinks that predate the cocktail such as the punch, cobbler, and sling
- The history of cocktails, which year they were created, and who invented them
- The Journey of the Bartender – from Past to Present
Learn about the history of the bartender and how the craftsmen have been changing and developing the profession for centuries. You’ll also discover the importance of ingredients, techniques, and equipment in making quality cocktails.
- Methods/techniques and equipment
Ever wondered why James Bond asks for his martini ‘shaken, not stirred’? In this module, you’ll learn what it takes to make the perfect cocktail. You’ll discover:
- Which method to use for which drink
- Why some drinks are shaken, stirred or rolled
- Equipment we use today, like jiggers, shakers and strainers
- Equipment used throughout bartending history including a ‘Lewis Bag’, as well as old measurements like wine glasses and tablespoons
- How to shake a drink, as well as the different types of shakers, and how they affect a cocktail
- How to stir a drink properly
- Different types of bar spoons
- Different mixing techniques
- Product and ingredient masterclass
To really understand what goes into a cocktail and why, you first need to discover how it was invented. Learn all about:
- The origin of certain products
- How some products have the power to completely change drinks
- Some homemade products
- The importance of each ingredient
- And even discover some of our homemade products
- Hands-on training
As part of this practical training, you’ll learn how to make some specialist ingredients from scratch, including purées, foams, syrups, and cordials. You’ll also be able to recognise the importance of presentation and quality of every cocktail.
On the Mixology Course, you will...
- Get 12-hours of instructor-led training
- Learn about The Golden Age of cocktails
- Receive an attendance certificate
- Create your own foams, syrups, cordials
- Enjoy hassle-free accommodation options
- Craft modern-day twists on classic cocktails
- Learn about different methods, techniques, and equipment
- Have a welcome drink with other students
About the School
European Bartender School is the world’s leading bartending school. We pride ourselves on training aspiring bartenders to a globally recognised standard. We already trained +70,000 graduated for 20 ye ... Read More