Microcredit involves the allocation of small loans to entrepreneurs or artisans who can not have access to conventional bank loans. Microcredit is growing especially in developing countries, where it allows to fulfill micro-projects, promoting the activity and creation of wealth.
Microcredit is practiced as well in developed countries.
This course is to provide the much needed platform to share experiences amongst policy makers, bankers, and enterprise development agencies to evolve need based credit schemes for micro entrepreneurs’ development. It will provide a much needed platform to share experiences and thereby evolve need based credit schemes for economic empowerment of youth.
- Identify and understand the credit needs of different strata of the society so that relevant schemes can be evolved
- Appraise the credit needs of micro businesses and to design an appropriate mechanism for satisfying these needs.
- Work out the means for effective credit delivery and recovery
- Formulate strategies which would increase the flow of credit to the poor and ensure sustainability
- Evolve a monitoring system for proper utilization of finance
- Discuss the concepts and principles of microcredit
- Assess the state of microcredit in their respective countries
- Examine successful microcredit models
- Recommend policies and regulations that will facilitate access to financial services.
Who Should Attend
The course targets senior and middle level officials and professionals from government, private sector, and civil society. In particular those responsible for designing micro credit programs, implementing and evaluating them, and coordinating external support or other assistance.
- Youth and Small & Micro Enterprises (SMEs)
- Development economics, micro enterprise creation
- Capability Building for SMEs initiation
- Capability Building for Credit Delivery and recovery
- Branchless and Mobile Banking
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Instruments
- Funding Sources
- Internal Control and Fraud Prevention
- Microcredit and Agriculture
- Microcredit and Financial Liberalization
- Microcredit Methodologies
- Policy, Regulation and Supervision
- Risk Management
- Ownership and Governance
- Performance Monitoring and Reporting
- Social and Environmental Issues
- Strategic Partnerships
- Successful Microcredit Models
- Sustainability of Microcredit
- Women and Microcredit
- Youth Employment and Microcredit
About the School
At CONVERTAS, we organize training courses in all areas of business including Management, HR Management, Marketing, Finance, Procurement and Logistics, targeting organizations, managers and employees. ... Read More