The Mechanical Technology program at Clinton Community College is designed to prepare students for employment in the manufacturing industries. Students who successfully complete this two-year program will be awarded the degree of Associate in Applied Science (AAS). Students may enter the program directly from high school or by transferring from another college or university. The program is composed of general education courses, general industrial technology subjects common to most manufacturing industries, and elective courses providing an area of emphasis in one of three specialities: pulp & paper, plastics, or computer-assisted manufacturing (CAM).
The mission of the Mechanical Technology AAS degree program is to prepare students for employment in various industrial manufacturing or maintenance areas and/or for the pursuit of advanced degrees in industrial engineering by educating them in communication skills, computer literacy, mathematics, science, as well as appropriate technical courses. The primary focus of the program is to prepare students to work as technicians.
The program will:
- prepare students to gain knowledge and practical competence in the major areas of the Industrial Technology field allowing for a wide variety of career opportunities.
- prepare students to use prints and schematics to understand, communicate, and troubleshoot complex industrial control circuits.
- prepare students to develop skills and knowledge to effectively lead and manage individuals and processes in manufacturing environments.
- prepare students to gain knowledge of industrial safety practices.
- prepare students to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, as well as interact effectively within the work environment.
- prepare students to solve mathematical problems typically encountered in the industry.
About the School
Clinton Community College, a member unit of the State University of New York, is situated at Bluff Point, approximately 4 miles south of Plattsburgh, on forested heights overlooking Lake Champlain.