A programme of exceptional quality, designed with and for universities
The Master's Preparation qualification is the best preparation for success on your chosen postgraduate degree and in your future career – it ensures you Get In and Get On.
The Master's Preparation is for:
- Anyone wanting to upgrade their English language level ahead of a postgraduate degree programme
- Those wanting to ensure they have the academic skills necessary for successful postgraduate study in English
- Anyone wanting to improve their career pathway or prospects through skills development and postgraduate study
- Employers/sponsors looking to upskill their workforce through postgraduate study and want a one-stop solution with academic and language preparation and the application processes
Advantages of the Master's Preparation Qualification
- Guaranteed progression to thousands of Masters Degrees at leading universities. Takes the worry away about whether you will get a place
- A unique one-stop application service. Reduces the stress of applying to each university separately and trying to find the right point of contact
- The research skills and the English language knowledge and ability you will need to succeed on a PG qualification. Ensures you not only get in but you’re ready to get on with your studies – some of our students say they were better prepared than UK students
What is Master's Preparation?
The NCUK Master's Preparation qualification gives guaranteed access to a postgraduate degree on successful completion. It includes:
- Subject Module – choose from Management, Life Sciences, Engineering
- Research Methods – this module is assessed by a dissertation or project proposal. It enables you to source and evaluate information from literature and the web; qualitative and quantitative research methods; research project planning; manipulating and analysing data; intellectual property conventions.
- Orientation to Western Study – this module introduces you to the major differences between studying in their home country and studying in a western university setting. There is no formal assessment for this module.
- English for Academic Purposes – this module gives you an English qualification that is recognised by NCUK universities and can be used for visa purposes. The module aims to develop your English language skills with a focus on Academic English.
What are the start dates and how long does it take?
We have intakes in September, January and March for courses that vary between 10, 20 or 30 weeks based on your current level of English. This means you can plan your time and investment accordingly. With the Pre Masters Programme and a one Year Masters in the UK, you can be back on your career track more quickly than anyone else.
Will I get help applying for my Masters?
Only NCUK qualifications gives you access to our unique Placement Support Service. This means you make a single application and NCUK follow through the applications with each individual university on your behalf. As well as this you will also receive expert advice on degree options and your supporting personal statement. Alternative routes into postgraduate degrees mean that you have to make multiple applications, one for each programme you wish to apply to.
WHAT MASTERS DEGREE CAN I STUDY?
NCUK students have the choice of thousands of degree courses. Whether you want to study Art or Computer Science and Engineering, Life Sciences and Pharmacy or Business, Law and Management, your NCUK qualification guarantees you two conditional offers and one guaranteed place.
About the School
World-class university preparation qualifications designed by universities for international students to succeed at university.