The Managing Successful Programs course imparts knowledge of MSP® principles, governance themes, and transformational flows defined in the MSP® framework, a renowned Project Management standard.
The roles and responsibilities of program management explained in this course will advance your ability to engage and meet the business requirements of your clients. With this training, you will be able to demonstrate better program management skills, improved adaptability, and flexibility when working in a volatile, ever-changing program environment.
- Acquire the relevant knowledge and skills required MSP Foundation
- Develop an understanding of how projects fit into a program
- Possess a working knowledge of and display a strong commitment to the principles and processes of Program Management
- Develop a solution-oriented approach to risk mitigation, issue management, quality control, and stakeholder management
- Be in a position to define and direct an organization’s program management strategy
Who Should Attend
- Professionals employed in a program management role
- Senior Project Managers
- Program Managers
- Operational Managers
- Quality Assurance professionals
MSP® Introduction And Overview
- What is a programme?
- What is programme management?
- MSP® Structure.
MSP® Framework And Concepts
- Governance themes
- Transformational flow
- Management strategies and plans
- What is a ‘vision’?
- What makes a good Vision Statement?
Identifying A Programme
- Programme Mandate
- Linking to Policy and Strategy
- Preparing a Programme Brief
- Planning to Define the Programme
Defining A Programme
- Creating a Programme Definition Document Planning And Control
- What is a Programme Plan and how is it developed?
- The Project Dossier
- Resourcing and scheduling
Organization And The Programme Office
- Organization and leadership
- Organizational structure
- Key roles and their responsibilities
- What is a Programme Office and what service does it provide?
Leadership And Stakeholder Engagement
- Leadership as opposed to management.
- How ‘leaders’ actively engage stakeholders.
- Analysing and engaging with stakeholders.
- Stakeholder maps and matrices.
Delivering The Capability And Realising The Benefits
- Starting and closing projects.
- Maintaining alignment with the programme.
- Critical Success Factors.
- The scope of programme quality management.
- Quality processes.
- Configuration Management.
- Quality Management Strategy and Plan.
- Information Management Strategy and Plan.
Risk Management And Issue Resolution
- Principles, approach and strategy for managing risks and resolving issues.
- Managing and controlling changes.