Technological advances continue to bring about social change and affect the way human beings live and work. It affects the way we do business everywhere, whether it be in finance, marketing, supply chain or the way we manage human resources. Technology changes the way HR departments contact employees, store files and analyze employee performance. Technology makes it easier to gather and break down data on employees to get an overall picture. It has been proved that the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), such as the Internet, mobile communication, new media in HR can greatly contribute to the fulfillment of personnel policies of the organization. It allows the company to improve its internal processes, core competencies, relevant markets and organizational structure as a whole.
This course challenges participants to rethink their existing organizational policies and processes and introduces technics and approaches towards going digital.
The learning outcomes are derived from the key HR study topics in relation to the 4th Industrial Revolution, including the following;
- Recruiting the Right People for the Right Job.
- Maintaining a Safe Environment.
- Employer-Employee Relations.
- Compensation and Benefits.
- Labour Law Compliance.
- Training and Development.
Who should attend?
Anyone who seeks a solid foundation in strategic human capital management concepts, principles, and best practices, especially supervisors, managers, team leaders, management analysts, program specialists, and human resources leaders and practitioners.
When and where?
23rd to 27th March 2020. Hampshire Hotel, Ballito, Durban.
Day 1 - Technology in Managing People
- Talent acquisition and retention
- Employee engagement
- Learning and development
- Attitude management
- Total rewards
- HR analytics
- Employer value proposition (EVP)
HR Tech Competencies
- Areas of competency
- Types of competencies
- Building a competency model
- Identifying competencies
Day 2 - The Organisation
- Structure and the need for the HR function
- Employee-centred Ergonomics
- Design thinking in HR
- Championing change management.
Day 3 - The Workplace
- Diversity and inclusion
- Risk management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Labor relations
Day 4 - Strategic HR Management
- What Is HR Strategy?
- Three Versions of a Generic HR Strategy
- How HR Strategies Affect Performance
- Succession planning and management
- Real-World Impact of HR Strategies
- Building Your Own HR Strategy
- City Tour
A morning group tour to Rain Farm Game Reserve in the neighborhood of Ballito.
An all-inclusive fee of R28,456 payable upon confirmation of registration and includes the following:
- Shuttle to and from King Shaka International Airport.
- Course attendance fee.
- Course materials.
- Conference package (mid-morning tea and lunch).
- Accommodation (Bed and breakfast) for six nights.
- Please note: Dinner is not included in this fee.
Early bird discounts
- 20% off for bookings made in before 1st February.
- 10% off for bookings made before 1st March.
20% off for bookings of 5 delegates or more.
About the School
Mapalo Management Services is a Level 1 B-BBEE private company registered in terms of the South African Companies Act number 71 of 2008. We focus on providing a range of innovative training and develo ... Read More