* Learn how to manage managers
* Improve your ability to create value in your organization
* Analyze how leadership works within your organizational culture
* Develop an action plan for leveraging your leadership effectiveness
* Construct a multidimensional framework to assess challenges and opportunities
The premise of Management of Managers is that effective leaders need multiple skills to allow for flexibility in successfully managing and leading in diverse situations. Effective leaders understand the subtleties of personal interaction and how they relate to the performance objectives of their organization. This five-day course provides a conceptual framework for evaluating your managerial skills and organization characteristics illustrating how they work in your organization. In order to initiate a personalized action plan for developing strong people related skills, participants will distribute a High-Performing Self Assessment to others who are familiar with your work both inside and outside your organization, prior to attending the program. Comparison of specific feedback will provide insight into your specific managerial style and effectiveness. Participants will also complete a self-assessment providing insight to their profile using the Competing Values Framework.
NOTE: You are advised to register well in advance of the program start date in order to allow enough lead time for the completion of these assessments.
Who Should Attend
This program will benefit middle and upper level managers who are responsible for planning and directing daily operations of an organizational unit. Participants generally have at least three to eight years of managerial experience in public or private organizations.
This program will teach you how to:
- Create value for your organization through leadership
- Utilize Michigan's powerful and exclusive "Competing Values Model" to understand the relationship between personal and organizational effectiveness
- Encourage creative thinking and identify the barriers to innovation
- Understand how and when to effectively empower others
- Implement and manage control systems successfully
- Use influence and power to manage more effectively
- Develop a more competitive environment
About the School
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a premier educational institution within one of the finest research universities worldwide. Our mission is to develop leaders in ... Read More