Management Information Systems Essentials – Level 2
- Course Code: IS102B3
- Duration: 5 days
- Fee: £2675
Social Media Information Systems
- What is a social media information system (SMIS)?
- SMIS to advance organizational strategy
- Increasing social capital
- Managing the risks of social media
- Where is social media taking us?
Business Intelligence Systems
- How do organizations use business intelligence (BI) systems?
- The three primary activities in the BI process
- Using data warehouses and data marts to acquire data
- Three techniques for processing BI data
- The alternatives for publishing BI
Information Systems Development
- What is systems development?
- The five phases of the systems development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Accomplishing system definition
- The users’ role in the requirement phase
- Designing the five components
- Implementing an IS
- The tasks for system maintenance
- Problems with the SDLC
Information Systems Management
- Functions and organization of the IS department
- How do organizations plan the use of IS?
- Advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing
- User rights and responsibilities
Information Security Management
- The goal of IS security
- How big is the computer security problem?
- Responding to security threats
- Technical safeguards
- Data safeguards
- Human safeguards
- Responding to security incidents
This MIS training is suitable for:
- Those who wish to assess, evaluate, and apply emerging information systems (IS) technology to business.
- Those who wish to take an active role in systems development to create an IS that meets their needs.
- Those who need to learn how to employ IS to accomplish their job tasks.
- Those who want to use IS to achieve their business strategies.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the potential benefits of social media information systems to organizations.
- Appreciate the uses of business intelligence systems.
- Differentiate the key elements of information systems development and understand the role system developments plays in MIS.
- Illustrate the functions and deployments techniques of information systems in organizations and how these systems are managed.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the crucial role information security management plays within organizations and its role most MIS activities.
What is Included:
- 30 hours of classroom-based training
- Apple iPad
About the School
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all o ... Read More