Management Information Systems Essentials – Level 1
- Course Code: IT102A
- Duration: 1 week
- Fee: £2350 + VAT
- 18 Jun to 22 Jun 2018
- 22 Oct to 26 Oct 2018
Business Processes, Information Systems, and Information
- The need to understand business processes
- Business process modeling
- Using IS to improve process quality
- What is information?
- Data characteristics required for quality information
Hardware and Software
- Computer hardware
- Operating systems software
- Applications software
- Open source software as a viable alternative
- The purpose of a database
- What is a database management system (DBMS)?
- Database applications to make databases more useful
- What is a NoSQL DBMS?
- Why is the cloud the future for most organizations?
- Using the cloud
- Using cloud services securely
Organisations and Information Systems
- How do IS vary by scope?
- Solving departmental silos through enterprise systems
- Customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and enterprise application integration (EAI)
- Inter-enterprise IS
This MIS course is suitable for:
- Those who wish to assess, evaluate, and apply emerging information systems (IS) technology to business.
- Those who wish to take an active role in systems development to create an IS that meets their needs.
- Those who need to learn how to employ IS to accomplish their job tasks.
- Those who want to use IS to achieve their business strategies.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Appreciate the uses of business processes, information systems, and information in organizations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of hardware and software and their place in management information systems.
- Recognise the key features and technologies deployed in database management and processing.
- Explain what the cloud is and be able to identify the potential opportunities and threats that cloud computing offers to organizations
- Recognise the primary benefits of information systems in organizations including the application of customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and enterprise application integration (EAI).
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- 30 hours of classroom-based training
- Apple iPad
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 18, 2018