- Dates: 07/03/2021
- Place: Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao and Valencia
- Hours: From 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Price: 1200 €
The MFIA Certification is the benchmark accreditation designed to achieve technical excellence in knowledge of financial markets and products issued by Instituto Bolsas y Mercados Españoles.
The MFIA Certification exam is a self study exam, that is, once the candidate enrolls, they are provided with all the necessary materials, including mock exams so that they can pass the MFIA Certification exam.
NOTE: The registration fee includes two attempts. If you do not pass in the first call, you can take the exam again for free in the next.
The fee for the July 2021 exam is € 1000 for early payment, the discount code must be specified in the registration form: jul2021
Anyone who wants to have a reference credit in financial markets and products. In order to be accredited, a necessary condition will be:
- Have passed the MFIA Certification exam.
- Be in possession of an official Bachelor's degree or Diploma.
- Have a two-year experience in financial markets.
- Pay the annual fee.
The objective of this certification is to offer the financial sector a rigorous and high-quality standard in the field of financial markets and products and, consequently, to guarantee that all those professionals who are in possession of the certification have theoretical training and top-level practice.
The MFIA Certification Program consists of the following parts:
- Part 1: Quantitative Tools 13%
- Part 2: Markets and Financial Products 33%
- Part 3: Portfolio and Risk Management. 2. 3%
- Part 4: Traditional and Alternative Asset Management 23%
- Part 5: Regulation and Ethics. 8%
The Readings that help to prepare the MFIA Certification, to facilitate its use, are divided into several books that correspond to the MFIA Certification program:
Book 1: Quantitative Tools
- Financial mathematics
- Statistic and probability
- Fundamental analysis and business valuation
- Technical analysis
Book 2: Markets and Products
- Fixed Income Market
- Zero Coupon Curve (ETTI)
- Variable Income Markets
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETF)
- Currency Markets
- Derivatives and OTC Markets
- Futures on indices and stocks
- Options premium
- Synthetic Assets (Call-Put Parity)
- Option sensibilities
- Volatility as an Investment asset
- Strategies Combined with Options
- Black-Scholes Valuation Environment
- Binomial valuation environment (Cox-Ross-Rubinstein)
- Monte Carlo simulation
- Short interest rate derivatives (FRA, Euribor Futures and OIS)
- Future on the notional Bond
- Interest Rate Swaps (IRS)
- Non-generic swaps
- Caps, floors, collar and Swaptions
- Currency derivatives
- Futures on Dividends
- Exotic Options
- Structured Products
- Inflation-referenced products
- Convertible Bonds
- Credit risk derivatives
Book 3: Portfolio and Risk Management
- Active management of fixed income portfolios
- Asset Allocation
- CAPM and APT models.
- Portfolio Performance
- Alpha portability
- Market risk
- Credit risk
- Other Risks: Operational, liquidity and legal.
Book 4: Traditional and Alternative Asset Management
- Collective Investment Institutions (UCITS)
- CO2 Rights Market
- Fund portfolio management
- Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) and climate change
- Introduction to alternative investments
- Hedge Funds: structure and industry
- Hedge Funds: regulatory framework
- Hedge Funds: single Strategies
- Behavioral Finance
- Commocities: asset specifications on Commodities
- Commodities: investment vehicles and CTA
- Private Equity: asset specifications
- Private Equity: Investment strategies
- Private Equity: product design
- Private Equity: legal framework
- Investment in Real Estate
- Real estate investment funds
- Reits and Socimis
- Financial planning
- The EAFI
Book 5: Regulation and Ethics
- Ethical standards
- Regulatory framework of financial markets.
About the School
Instituto BME es el centro de formación de Bolsas y Mercados Españoles (BME), el cuarto operador de mercados en Europa. Se constituye en 2005 continuando con la labor de difusión llevada a cabo desde ... Read More