You love to work with make-up and make others more attractive?
You want to work on photo shoots, fashion shows and style models?
Or would you like to be part of the beauty industry?
A make-up artist generally works in the areas of TV, Fashion Shows or Photo Shoots for magazines etc. They are in close contact with the actors, models, anchors and producers and are able to work with very different personalities. You will require confidence as well as ambition to succeed as a make–up artist.
It is important that the make - up artist has an ongoing interest in keeping up with the latest trends in different looks as well as being aware of the historical make-up styles in order to be on top of their game. Working hours can be irregular as they are dependent on the events or shoots one has to attend.Creativity is the most important aspect. Make-up artists usually work under a lot of pressure, not everybody is able to work under sometimes stressful conditions. This aspect needs to be considered.
It’s very important that a make-up artist should learn the skills needed to sucessfully work in the industry and have a portfolio of photographs of ones works to present to possible clients. Together with the students we teach the most modern techniques in make-up styling and develop an individual style that lets individual stand out from others. These are the basic requirements in order to be successful as a professional make-up artist.
Why choose Living Faces for your professional career?
- small classes with highly motivated professional make-up artists
- you can choose between a 3 month course in Beauty make-up or a twelve month program- a significant amount of time to learn and develop your own style, create your portfolio
- monthly photoshoots for your professional portfolio
- the photography students work with the make-up students, an ideal method to provide more photoshoots and therefore sufficient images for your homepage
- we provide you with a homepage and businesscard
- there will be support on a one to one basis during your program, whilst planning a student’s future career
- you are introduced to a diverse mix of people from Europe, future photographers. Networking is in place immediately the course begins
- Studying in Berlin- the most creative city in Europe
Once the programme has been completed, then what?
As you produce your own portfolio, homepage and business cards during the program, you don’t need to be concerned about not having professional material for your first job interviews. Additionally we will have discussed with you what the first steps after the program could be, so you will have a sense of direction. As a graduate from our school you can work as an employed or self-employed make-up artist within fashion photography or the beauty industry. Of course we continue to stay in touch with all our alumnis and answer any questions they may have.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 30, 2017