Distribution and logistics management is a critical company function. Professionals in this field play a key role in fulfilling customer demands, ordering and managing inventory, controlling inbound and outbound shipments, reducing costs, saving time, and meeting company objectives. This logistics and distribution management training course will not only show you how to create and operate a logistics function, but it will also show you how to achieve success through a combination of strategies and tactics.
All elements of distribution and logistics management will be covered, including physical distribution, warehouse selection, material handling, packaging, order fulfilment, customer service, inventory management, receiving, production stores, and returned goods. The course will also address key technology issues such as enterprise resource planning (ERP), bar coding, electronic data interchange (EDI), electronic commerce (e-commerce), and distribution resource planning (DRP).
Who Should Attend?
Anyone managing logistics services and who would like to explore how to develop a world-class logistics operation. Whether new to the profession or time-served at a senior level, the participants will benefit from a program which explores the essential elements of logistics management, the current challenges and modern advancements.
- Best Practice in Supply Chain Management
- The changing competitive environment
- Strategic activity
- Tactical aspects
- Operational considerations
- Materials management in the supply chain
- Strategic Approach to Logistics Management
- The mission of logistics management
- Logistics performance
- Logistics and customer value
- The cost of logistics
- Transport Management
- Efficient and effective transportation
- Storage of goods including services
- Point of origin to point of consumption
- Conforming to customer requirements
- Inbound, outbound, internal, and external movements
- Warehousing Operations
- Objectives and scope of warehouse operations
- The changing role of the warehouse manager
- Warehouse operations and the value chain
- Supply network optimization
- Customer service and total distribution cost concept
- Characteristics of effective and efficient warehouse operations
- Design layout and process design The lean warehouse
- The role of technology
- Inventory Management
- Definitions of materials management, supply chain management, inventory management
- Importance of stock valuation and stock control using ABC analysis
- Inventory and costs
- Inventory policies using re-order point systems, economic order quantities, independent demand
- Systems for dependent demand Inventory management techniques and securing reductions in inventory
- Valuation of stock, such as LIFO, FIFO and standard costing
- The Supply Chain of the Future
- Emerging trends
- The vision for the future
- Next steps
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Apply the core concepts of supply chain management
- Understand the role of logistics in the supply chain
- Deliver customer value
- Manage the transportation function effectively
- Apply the principle of warehouse design and operation
- Develop an effective inventory management function
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
- Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 8, 2017