This program will ensure you become an expert at using industry-standard audio software and equipment to create the ultimate sounds for live events. You will also learn about contracts and how to organize the best music festivals to help you stand out in a crowded job market.
Whatever your goals are, you’ll get theoretical and practical skills, and can take advantage of an internship in your third semester. Upon graduation, you’ll gain versatile skills which can be adapted to different venues and events.
Our academics regularly update their own knowledge and program content to ensure you only receive contemporary knowledge and will ensure you master industry-standard tools.
Skills and competencies
- Live sound reinforcement (concerts, conferences, theatre productions, etc.)
- Professionally record live concerts and other events
- Know how to interpret and adapt to technical riders and stage plots
- Plan and design the public address/audio system in a variety of different environments
- Maintain and perform basic repairs on commonly-used audio equipment
- Analyze and evaluate the acoustics of a room/concert venue
- Plan a concert or music festival
- Plan and respect health and safety protocols on-stage and behind the console
- Effectively navigate the live sound industry
- Understand and implement career development activities
Employability and career
79.5% of our students have secured employment within six months of graduation.
Our graduates have gone onto pursue successful careers in the following roles:
- ‘Roadie’ — The technicians/support personnel who travel with a band on tour
- Live sound consultant
- Live sound technician
- Recording technician for live concerts and events
- Representative/specialist for an audio equipment rental company
- Stage technician
- Venue technician
Under the provisions of section 4 of the College Education Regulations concerning the conditions of admission, a person who has received instruction considered sufficient by the college and meets any of the following conditions may be admitted to a program of studies leading to an Attestation of College Studies:
- The person has interrupted his or her full-time studies or pursued full-time postsecondary studies for at least 2 consecutive terms or 1 school year;
- The person is covered by an agreement entered into between the college and an employer or by a government program of studies;
- The person has interrupted his or her full-time studies for one term and pursued full-time postsecondary studies for one term; or
- The person holds a Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS/DEP).
All applications for admission must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Non-refundable application fee of $50 CAD and Admission fee of $200 CAD
- Birth certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent academic transcript or diploma:
- Issued by MES (Ministère de l’Enseignement supérieur), if a student in Quebec
- Issued by the province or territory, if a student outside Quebec
- Issued by the institution or state, if an international student
Any official documents issued outside Quebec must be a certified copy or the original. Documents written in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an official translation.
About the School
Since 1979, Trebas Institute has been training the talent of the future by providing a range of music, film, business, technology, and even management programs for students with aspirations of becomin ... Read More