Ofqual Regulated Level 6 Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (RQF)
The TQUK Level 6 Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (RQF) is regulated by Ofqual. The qualification develops knowledge and skills in the key areas of Language theory, Language teaching methodology, Classroom planning and organization and Linguistics and language teaching.
The qualification is suitable for learners already teaching and those seeking to enter work in a job role which involves profound knowledge and skills in teaching English to speakers of other languages.
Microteaching can be done at our venue, filmed and sent to us for grading or performed online
TESOL Diploma (Level 6) Objectives
The aims of the qualification are:
- to enhance teachers’ knowledge of contextual issues concerning the teaching of English to speakers of other languages
- to refine and extend their ability to employ a variety of practical skills
- to develop their knowledge and skills to a point where they become effective practitioners in a range of TESOL teaching situations without supervision
- to recognize and confirm their achievements in the above areas and to inform their strategies for continuing professional development
- to contribute to the development internationally of TESOL as a mature, qualified and regulated profession and act as a benchmark for employers and others with a concern for the quality of TESOL.
- to enable teachers to develop their career paths by seeking promotion to senior posts, materials development, and teacher training, etc.
Study Requirements for TESOL
- Candidates applying for the Level 6 qualification are required to have prior teaching experience.
- Holding any education and training qualification including PTLLS, CTLLS, Level 3 Award/4 Certificate/5 Diploma in education and training, level 5 certificate in TEFL or equivalent is highly recommended.
- Students are asked to write a 350-word pre-course assessment.
Successful learners can progress to other qualifications such as:
- Level 6 Diploma in Teaching
- HE programmes in education or related subjects
Diploma in TESOL Structure
Study Time To Completion
This is an estimate of the total length of time it is expected that a learner will typically take to achieve and demonstrate the level of attainment necessary for the award of the qualification i.e. to achieve all learning outcomes.
Total Qualification Time is comprised of GLH and an estimate of the number of hours a learner is likely to spend in preparation, study or any other learning including assessment, which takes place as directed by, but not under the supervision of a lecturer, supervisor or tutor. The credit value, where given, for a qualification, is determined by TQT, as one credit corresponds to 10 hours of learning.
Total Qualification Time for the Ofqual Regulated Level 6 Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (RQF) is 372 hours.
Teaching English to Speakers Of Other Languages Assessment and Graduation
The qualification is assessed by a set of 20 essays, lesson plans, reports and other designed projects. Assignments cover all learning outcomes and assessment criteria. To successfully achieve the Ofqual Regulated Level 6 Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (RQF), candidates need to achieve a “PASS” in all 20 assignments no final exam is required.
See 1 more programs offered by Notting Hill College »
This course is
Online, Campus based
Distance Learning: 1,200 GBP. Blended Learning: from 1,550 GBP. Academic Year: 3,000 GBP.