Level 3 Extended Diploma Courses at South Cheshire and West College
Extended Diploma courses have been designed in partnership with universities, employers and professional organisations, allowing students to develop skills for their future studies and employment.
The College is committed to academic excellence and our success rates are always above the national average. Once again our Level 3 BTEC results were excellent and we announced a 99.6% pass rate. At the state of the art campuses at Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester and a dedicated international office, students get all the support they need to settle in quickly and feel comfortable.
The Diploma Route to University!
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diplomas are the equivalent of 3 A-Levels and carry university entry points so students are able to apply to higher education courses just as if they were taking A-Levels.
In some cases, universities may actually prefer students to have studied a Level 3 Diploma course, as specialising in one subject may be what they are looking for, rather than a selection of A-Levels.
The duration of the Level 3 Extended Diploma courses is 2 years. Students will be taught to develop their practical and theoretical skills. In many cases, they will have the chance to undertake a work placement.
Rather than taking exams at the end of their studies, students are continuously assessed using a variety of assessments, such as assignments, reports, presentations and group work. This makes the Extended Diploma courses ideal for students whose strengths are not with examinations at the end of the year!
South Cheshire College and West Cheshire College is the Place to be in the UK
South Cheshire College and West Cheshire College are two of the UK's leading Further Education colleges and our year-on-year outstanding results are the envy of the sector. Everybody at the College is committed to ensuring that you excel in your chosen programme and leave with results and skills that will better equip you for university and life beyond.
How to apply & FAQs
- You should be 16 years old and over by 31 August 2018.Apply as early as possible.
- You should contact the international office or a local representative in your country for an application form and advice.
- Choose the subject area you are interested from the list on the opposite side of this page. Complete your application form and send it to the international office with all the required documentation.
- Prepare and take the IELTS UKVI approved English language examination.You will be required to achieve a minimum overall grade of 5.5.
- Have a Skype or face to face interview with a member of staff from SCC.
- Once we are happy that you meet all the entry requirements, we will issue the necessary paperwork for your visa, book your accommodation and make arrangements for your arrival!
Extended Diploma Courses
At SCC and WCC we offer a wide range of 2-year Diplomas giving students the opportunity to choose a course that would suit their interest and career aspiration.
- Art & Design (General, Graphic, Photography), Creative Media Production
- Child Care and Education
- Civil Engineering and the Built Environment
- Electrical Installations
- Painting and Decoration
- Woodtrades (Bench Joinery/Site Carpentry)
- Motor Vehicle - Light
- Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
- Beauty -Make up Artistry
- Beauty Therapy
- Health & Social Care
- Health Science
- Hospitality Supervision
- Professional Cookery (Patisserie/Cooking)
- Computing - Games
- Information Technology
- Music Technology
- Performing Arts (Dance/Performance)
- Applied Science (Forensic or Lab and Industrial)
- Public Services
- Sport (Development & Fitness, Performance & Excellence)
- Sport and Exercise
- Travel and Tourism
Program taught in: