Leadership in Practice – Level 1
- Course Code: LSS102A
- Duration: 1 week
- Fee: £2625
Trait Theory – Description, Analysis, and Use
- Evolution of the idea
- Traits – a brief outline
- Traits and leaders
- So where does this leave trait theory and organizations?
- Foundation principles
- What are ‘leadership behaviors’?
- Organisational implications
The Style Approach to Leadership
- Evolution of the approach
- Organisational culture
- Widening the choice
- Factors affecting style
- Style approach – strengths and weaknesses
Situational and Contingent Leadership
- Early developments
- Hersey and Blanchard’s life cycle theory of leadership
- How the model operates
- Path-Goal theory
- Fielder’s contingency theory
- Broader situational factors
- Leadership substitutes theory
Charisma and Transformational Leadership
- House and Shamir self-concept theory
- Attribution theory
- Characteristics of charismatic leaders
- Context and crisis
- Negative aspects of charisma
- Transformational leadership
This transformational leadership training is suitable for:
- Heads of organizations, chief officers, chairpersons, board members and directors.
- Heads of departments.
- Senior managers and executives.
Upon completion of this leadership workshop, you will be able to understand:
- One of the earliest approaches to leadership – the Trait Approach.
- How leaders behave.
- The relationship between a leader and followers through the style approach.
- A leader’s approach to being dependent on the situation facing the leader and that successful leaders can adapt their approach to suit the circumstances.
- Transformational leadership’s ability to change workers and followers into avid disciples whose hearts and minds have been inspired by an internalized belief in the veracity of their leader’s decisions.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- 30 hours of classroom-based training
- Apple iPad
Program taught in:
See 131 more programs offered by London Business Training & Consulting »
Last updated November 23, 2018
This course is
June 10, 2019
June 10, 2019
Oct. 14, 2019