About ELS Language Experience+ 3
With ELS Language Experience+ 3, you can work toward improving your English for 3 hours each day. Your classes will focus on the conversation that you can use inside of the classroom, and more importantly, outside in the real world. You also have the opportunity to put your new speaking skills to use with a variety of cultural activities specific to the Center you choose.
You can start any Monday of the year and stay for as few or as many weeks as you like. The program’s 3 levels of instruction – basic, intermediate, and proficient – have a placement test each Monday for students to advance in levels, and a certificate of completion is awarded based on attendance. The choice is yours. Choose ELS Language Experience+ 3.
If you decide you would like more instruction, ELS Language Experience+ 6 could be a better choice for you.
About ELS Language Experience+ 6
With ELS Language Experience+ you can develop your everyday speaking skills in a relaxed learning environment, where you can learn not only from your skilled instructors but your classmates as well – learning to speak English with ease and accuracy. Whether you study for 3 hours per day or 6 hours per day or stay for two weeks or 24 weeks, the choice is yours. Learn English on your terms, and your budget.
The ELS Language Experience+ program has 3 levels of instruction – basic, intermediate, and proficient – you can take the placement test each Monday to advance in levels, and a certificate of completion is awarded based on attendance. As an ELS Language Experience+ student, you can also participate in a variety of culturally relevant activities throughout your stay, giving you more opportunity to practice your speaking skills.
Key Language Skills: Listening, Speaking, Pronunciation, Grammar, Vocabulary
Speaking & Conversation: To speak well and to be understood, you’ll need to be precise and accurate. You will learn the building blocks of the English language to seamlessly transition from the classroom to the real world – you will participate in classroom discussions and dynamic activities that help build your critical thinking as well as speaking skills
Classes offered: Everyday English, Grammar in Action, Digital Expression, Discover and DiscussELS Language Experience+ is offered at the following locations:
- ELS/Orlando - starting January 2018
- ELS/Santa Monica - starting January 2018
- ELS/New York - Manhattan - starting February 2018
ELS Language Experience+ offers 3 levels of instruction – Basic, Intermediate, Proficient – as well as placement testing to determine the level that best fits your abilities.
BASIC -Levels CEFR Level A2
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment, and matters in areas of immediate need
- Can express simple opinions and preferences
INTERMEDIATE -Levels CEFR Level B1
- Can keep up a casual conversation for a reasonable period of time, provided that this is of a mainly familiar, predictable nature
- Can produce simply connected statements on topics which are familiar
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes, and ambitions, and briefly give reasons and explanations
PROFICIENT -Levels CEFR Level B2
- Can present and justify her/his own opinion, and make nuanced arguments to support viewpoints
- Can synthesize and summarize information from various sources
- Can keep up a conversation on a fairly wide range of topics, such as personal and professional experiences, events currently in the news, and abstract/cultural topics without strain for speaker or listener
Program taught in: